problems burning xbox 360 games

ct2007

I have been told it may be my driver as about 3 years old as someone used 1 of my discs in there pc and worked fine also someone has mentioned changing the layer break to user specified and putting a code in is this needed can somebody pls let me know might just go buy new drive is there any anybody recommends

I've had the same problems as you burning xbox 360 games. If you're having write errors it's not the program, it's your burner. What you need to find out is:

1. Is you DL burner OEM with your comp and how old is it?

2. Check to make sure you have the most updated version of firmware for the burner?

3. If you are able to update your firmware try burning the game again but you need to set the layer break manually. I know it's supposed to do it automatically but it doesn't do it right on xbox360 games, so got to TOOLS->SETTINGS->WRITE and set the layer break to "user specified" 1913760. Burn at 2.4x speed and don't mess with the bitsetting, the newest imgburn will do it automatically. Make sure to use the .dvd file and not the iso.

4. If the updated firmware version is more than a year old and your DL burner is OEM, buy a brand new DL burner they're cheap,best buy,fry's, comp usa doesn't really matter what brand just shop around. On sale they're between $50-70 and they'll work with the newer DL media. It's better than spending another $30 buying discs that your burner still won't burn.

Personally my DL burner that I was having trouble with is still in my computer but I only use it to burn single layer discs (4.7G), it's all it's good for. It came with the system from the factory and is a samsung TS-H652L. I bought a new samsung DL from circuit city and spent $58, and I can use any brand media DL memorex, verbatim it doesn't matter. I burn them all at 4x speed and they come out great. They all play great on my XBOX360 with a flashed hitachi 78 drive no problems. Hope that helps!!!

Edited by kandyman

Just to clarify...

2. Check to make sure you have the most updated version of drivers for the burner?

You don't need driver(s) for using a burner. I think he meant to say "look for the latest firmware available for your burner". Don't get the two terms confused.

3. If are able to update your driver try burning the game again but you need to set the layer break manually. I know it's supposed to do it automatically but it doesn't do it right on xbox360 games, so got to TOOLS->SETTINGS->WRITE and set the layer break to "user specified" 1913760. Burn at 2.4x speed and don't mess with the bitsetting, the newest imgburn will do it automatically. Make sure to use the .dvd file and not the iso.

The .dvd file should tell ImgBurn where to place the layerbreak, and if it didn't work for you before then the .dvd file was incomplete/incorrectly made. It's better to leave the layerbreak option in Calculate Optimal or you're risking to have a wrong layerbreak when you burn anything else than a xbox360 game. Also notice that when you load an image ImgBurn shows the layerbreak position in the Sectors field of the image information box, so you should always keep an eye on it :)

Yeah thanks mmalves for the correction with the driver-firmware thing, but about the layer break, imgburn doesn't set it right automatically for XBOX360 games. In the log it will be correct but you'll still get an error and burn yourself another coaster. When I set it user specified everything burns perfect, and i have the most update version of imgburn. As for the media, i've used verbatim, memorex and sony DL no problems at all. :thumbup:

Same problem, with Verbatim 2.4x and one thing I can't understand is that I set it to write at 1x and it goes at 2.4x anyway...

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; sabato, 11 ottobre 2008, 20.02.26

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:43:26 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:43:26 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:43:26 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.936 KB - Available: 1.472.760 KB

I 19:43:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:43:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:43:26 Found 1 DVD

kandyman,

Sorry but that's rubbish.

If it's right in the log then it'll be right on the disc.

evil,

It burns at 2.4x no matter which speed you selelct. It's the only one your drive supports - note the 'Supported Write Speeds' in the Disc Information panel on the right.

Your drive is complaining that it can't write to the disc. Maybe the lense is dirty? Laptop drives are pretty shit, period. If cleaning doesn't work, invest in a decent external one.

wtf?? Why is that rubbish lightning uk? Don't get me wrong, imgburn is great. It's alot better than some of the other programs i tried using. The layer break for the xbox360 is the only thing that works perfect if entered in manually. Between me and 2 of my friends we have 9 coasters to show for it. We all use imgburn and find user specified to work perfect. And it's not the .dvd files because i've checked to make sure name and layer break are correct. Burned 20+ games since then no problems. Idk , go figure.

wtf?? Why is that rubbish lightning uk? Don't get me wrong, imgburn is great. It's alot better than some of the other programs i tried using. The layer break for the xbox360 is the only thing that works perfect if entered in manually. Between me and 2 of my friends we have 9 coasters to show for it. We all use imgburn and find user specified to work perfect. And it's not the .dvd files because i've checked to make sure name and layer break are correct. Burned 20+ games since then no problems. Idk , go figure.

Lol . It's rubbish because he wrote the program. I beta test it and have burnt over 100 xbox 360 games using ImgBurn with .DVD file created via xbc and they all work and have the layerbreak exactly where it should be when used with option Calculate Optimal

LayerBreak=1913760
Quake4.iso

If it had a bug as you say then I think the other beta testers would have found it if I missed it saying as some of them have also burnt a few xbox 360 games

I have 1 coaster from over 100 and that is only a coaster because 360 reads it but DDE at about 25% game completion because of one almighty Scratch/mark

Get one of the failed ones and check layerbreak with info in right pane if anything other than 1913760 YOU did it wrong.

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-108 1.14 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,825,936

Size: 7,835,516,928 bytes

Time: 850:14:36 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x

DVD

post-26-1223837865_thumb.png

That's cool, I ain't complaining about it or trying to post negative info about imgburn. I mean a program i can download off the net that'll allow me to do what I need :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: All i know is i got a brand new burner, used verbatim media, left settings on auto and burned game @ 2.4x and >_< no deals. Checked the log, layer break was correct. Popped in another disc, set user specified, used same media same speed and :rolleyes: solid. Left it that way and had no trouble since even with different media. Helped my friends that had the same problem and it's what works. I mean i could care less really what all the techie guys think, i'm just helping the guy out who started this post from wasting money burning up DL discs. They ain't cheap. Verbatim discs are damn expensive, 20 discs for $30, that's a $1.50 each. Waste 2 discs and you could've gone to McD's and bought stuff off the dollar menu. Better to have a full stomach than to be frustrated right.

But anyways, yup if you're still having trouble burning the games you want, don't take my advice. Send them the logs they want so they can build themselves a cabin. And since christmas is coming up, you can take all the wasted DL discs and make angelwings out of them to decorate your christmas tree with. They should reflect the lights nicely. I'll just keep doing like i do. If it ain't broke why fix it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.