Why does ImgBurn "rewrite" WAVE audio files?

fordman

I've started using ImgBurn for my audio recordings, and noticed that regardless of how my *.wav files are made, i.e. ripped from CD, ImgBurn doesn't simply use those files, and instead makes a copy of them with "ImgBurn" in the filename. Meanwhile, the LOGs show that they are being rendered through "NULL" (the NULL renderer), so I would expect that means ImgBurn recognizes that no filters are needed to make this burn to an audio CD.

Normally this would seem minor, but I've computed CRCs for the copies and they never match the original files, and when one goes ot the trouble of accurate ripping with Exact Audio Copy, it would be better if the WAVEs were recorded "unmolested." What is ImgBurn changing in the WAVE files to prepare them for burning?

fordman

You've got debug mode enabled, don't turn it on (as it's not supposed to be on) and you won't get them.

Debug mode is for my usage really, not yours.

The files being output are what directshow outputs + my own wav header. The files aren't used at all, they're simply there for debugging purposes.

You've got debug mode enabled, don't turn it on (as it's not supposed to be on) and you won't get them.

Debug mode is for my usage really, not yours.

The files being output are what directshow outputs + my own wav header. The files aren't used at all, they're simply there for debugging purposes.

Yep, I do indeed like to use debugging mode for all my burns, expecially the extra info recorded when choosing layer break points (I save my logs along with the .IBB files in case I ever want to go back and burn differently).

OK, it's good to know that the original files ARE the ones being burned. I was surprised to see all these new wave files in the directory left behind, and assumed they were being used.

fordman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.