Freezes when attempting to create a CD cue file

micmic

This happens every time I try to create a cue file. It happens as soon as I add even one mp3 file to the layout window, either by browsing or by drag 'n' dropping. It happens with all kinds of mp3 files. I don't have any other problems while burning CDs or DVDs. A log isn't produced and the status window doesn't mention anything other than what it does when the program has just started, ie:

I 15:45:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:45:37 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:45:37 Total Physical Memory: 2.096.172 KB - Available: 1.418.936 KB

W 15:45:37 Drive I:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 15:45:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:45:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:45:37 Found 2 DVD

I just checked, it doesn't make a difference. I tested with many more mp3s and I found some that can be added to the layout screen consistently, although for the life of me I can't understand the difference between files that are ok and files that freeze ImgBurn. For example, I have two tracks that were encoded with the same settings and the same library, and both play fine in many media players. They are both 44100 Hz, 224Kbps, CBR, I have removed all tags from them, there are no special characters in their filenames and both filenames are a single word. Yet, one will always add without problems while the other will always freeze ImgBurn. Everything is ok with WMA or OGG files. I should also mention that if I drag 'n' drop then when ImgBurn freezes, the File Explorer freezes too.

Edited by micmic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.