Device not ready (medium not present - tray closed)

Tomlinson

This is the ImgBurn Log I receive:

I 21:46:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:46:34 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 21:46:34 Total Physical Memory: 981,480 KB - Available: 348,592 KB

W 21:46:34 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 21:46:34 Drive J:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 21:46:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:46:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:46:34 Found 1 DVD

My main purpose for purchasing this software was to make backups of my Wii programs. For some reason the disks are not recognizable when inserted. Any other suggestions?

You were scammed. ImgBurn is freeware. You should try getting your money back by lodging a complaint with your bank/credit card or with PayPal if you used it.

Since they sell it through clickbank, I guess LUK could file a DMCA takedown notice

@rasheed

This has been mentioned quite a bit before and if LUK wanted to file such complaints, he would. He is aware of the channels.

Regards

I have a similar problem. In my case, I have a Sony DVD-RW disk. Things were fine with this disk, and I had erased and re-written around 10 times. However, the last time, I used ImgBurn to burn an ISO to this disk. The burn process went fine, and I was able to use the disk as required. However, now when I try to put new stuff on this disk, I keep getting errors. Also looked for the option to erase, but with the disk in the drive, the option for 'Drive' under the 'Tools' menu doesn't get highlighted. I am posting below screenshots of what I notice from ImgBurner.

This one is the information I get when I go into the write mode in ImgBurner.

snj6sz.png

The one below is the error I get when I try to do an erase from Mode -> Discovery.

24xeypl.png

I feel that when I burnt the image using ImgBurn, it accidentally finalized the disc. But I was under the impression that a finalized DVD-RW disc can still be re-written.

Is it possible to still write to this DVD?

Edited by Anonymous Coward

Your drive can't see the disc - which either means you've forgotten to put it in the tray or

Well, it definitely is in the tray :) So that part is taken care of.

Other thing is like I said, I have used this disc successfully in this drive earlier. So am confused as to why it's not detecting it now. btw, I didn't get what you meant by this:

it doesn't support them (try another dye)

Done! Have got 2.4.4.0 now.

Your drive isn't recognizing the current media you're using. Try a lens cleaning disc on that burner.

And by "try another dye" LUK meant that you should try other brands of discs (Verbatim is the best you can get) to see which one will work with your burner.

^ OK, will try that. I need to get a lens cleaning disc as I don't have one yet.

However, what is interesting is that today when I tried playing this disc on my standalone DVD player, it played just fine, though it did take a long time to detect the contents. So I am wondering if this has got something to do with some kind of memory address getting over-written / lost, due to which my computer drive is not able to detect it's presence. Also, another DVD of the same brand is also working fine on my computer drive, but not this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.