Help with xbox 360 games

CDaniels1987

hi guys im new to burning Xbox 360 games and need a bit of help, ive burnt 7 disks so far (AONE+) and only 1 has worked which was UFC and that was the first game i burnt, since then ive tried to burn Guitar Hero Metallica 4 times and Virtua Tennis 2009 twice, each time it writes fine but when i put it in my Xbox 360 it struggles to read the disk then comes up with a dirty disk read error, ive got about 50 games that other people have burnt for me and they are all on AONE DL disks, the only thing i can think of is my burner doesn't like them, i have the 'Liteon DVDRW SOHW-1693S', ive updated it with the latest firmware aswell, just cant understand why the first game i burn works fine then others i try dont work at all, im writing them at 2.4X and i have Ixtreme 1.6 firmware.

any help appreciated.

oh really?? i dont have verify ticked, someone told me to untick it as it would cause coasters!!! ive got the layer break in at 1913760 and then have test mode and verify unticked.

15:22:13 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:22:13 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:22:13 Total Physical Memory: 515,432 KB - Available: 78,528 KB

I 15:22:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:22:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:22:14 Found 1 DVD

Use the Verify mode to compare that disc with the game image on your HD. Please post the log generated after you do this.

i dont have verify ticked, someone told me to untick it as it would cause coasters!!!

The verify doesn't cause coasters, but it does show when a burned disc is bad because it compares data on the disc against the source image/files: if they don't match then it's a bad burn. I wouldn't be asking that "someone" for any other advice :rolleyes:

Use the verify mode (have you noticed the Mode menu? :P ) to check your burned disc against the game image on your HD. And yes, next time you're burning enable the Verify option before burning ;)

just tried to verify it and half way through kept getting an error message, here's the log

I 23:52:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:52:54 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:52:54 Total Physical Memory: 515,432 KB - Available: 186,752 KB

I 23:52:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:52:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:52:54 Found 1 DVD

As you have a Lite-On, you can do a disc quality test in CDSpeed or a PIPO test in DVDInfoPro.

It'll show you the error levels and basically tell you how good/bad the burn is.

If you look in the media test forum you'll see what I mean.

btw, 'AONE' doesn't mean anything. It's the dye that's important and those ones happen to be using the 'RICOHJPN-D01-67' dye.

Lots of brands use that dye and most of the time it's pot luck what you actually end up with. It can change from spindle to spindle. Luckily, Verbatim only use the MKM-001-00 (2.4x) and MKM-003-00 (8x) dyes on their DL discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.