Trying to back up my Wii Games

I am new to this program and I am using an LG DVD Rom to read the disks. The program is coming up with this error, I/O Error device: [0:0:0] hl-dt-st dvd-rom gdr8082n 0106 (G:) (USB)

scsistatus: 0x02

interpretation: check condition

cdb: 28 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 01 00

interpretation: read (10) - sector: 1

sense area: F0 00 03 00 00 00 01 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00

interpretation: unrecovered read error

Here is a copy of the log:

I 10:20:16 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:20:16 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:20:16 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,748 KB - Available: 1,162,096 KB

I 10:20:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:20:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:20:33 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I am also having problems backing up my Wii games I've been using Rawdump (download available at everything4wii.com). It actually copies the Wii disc to your hard drive and then you can go into ImgBurn to burn it. (Their website talks you thru it step by step.)

That being said, the problem I am now having is that everything went smoothly with the first two games I backed up but now I end up with a verified disc that won't play or else it gets into the 90%s on veryfing and I get a "Failed to read sector ####" or something similar. This is happening with three different discs. [Thought it safer, and cheaper, to back discs up (grandsons with helpful little fingers :teehee: ) before something gets ruined.]

Any ideas why the burned and verified disc won't play? I've tried DVD-R and DVD+R. Doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm running out of patience and discs!! :/

If you have a problem burning something, make a new thread (rather than hijacking someone elses) and post the log of the failed burn/verify.

I'm new to this. Didn't realize I was "hijacking" someone elses thread. Thought my information about the program I came across to use in backing up the discs might be helpful. Sorry I mentioned my problem. Will be more mindful where, when, or what I say or ask.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.