i used to burn many dvd-r's they no longer burn, please help

izriz

ok, i have burned about 20 wii backups successfully with the same version of img burn and the same drive, same os everything! its not until recently that the dvd's burn but never get verified. i am using the same verbatims and tesco branded dvd-r's i used to burn successfully

now, ive done quite alot of research on this and some other sources say that some verbatims are made in india, singapore etc. the ones made in india are supposedly dodgy! i dont know which ones i have because i threw away the wrapping paper the discs came in!

following are my logs, thanks for reading

this is the burn log on my tesco branded media (which i used to burn with successfully):

ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Tuesday, 02 June 2009, 19:22:02

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 18:26:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:26:00 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 18:26:00 Total Physical Memory: 2,881,408 KB - Available: 1,762,680 KB

I 18:26:01 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:26:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:26:01 Found 1 DVD

ok, ive tried burning at higher speeds, up to 16x. so what does uncorrectable error mean.

plus my drive is a funny one, from what ive read its actually a lite-on?!! not an atapi

plus does it matter where verbatim discs are manufactured?

Edited by izriz

uncorrectable error means there was an error reading the disc that couldn't be corrected... the clue is in the name!

Yes it's a liteon.

Verbs from Singapore seem to be the better ones where DL media is concerned, I don't know about SL stuff.

You might like to try some Taiyo Yuden TYG02 or TYG03 discs instead.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.