Failed changing booktype on my Optiarc AD-7581S(dvdrw)

dround

Hi,

Before I try to change the booktype on my laptop DVD burner Optiarc AD-7581s so that I can burn a XBOX360 DVD, I did some search and found one here that the admin said that using NEC as the OEM tap could be avalible for changing an Optiarc booktype.

Then I try it, but failed, here's the info:

Current Setting: Unknown(FAILED!)

Invaliid Command Operation Code

Device Optiarc DVD RW AD-7581S 4H03(ATA)

should I put a blank dvd-dl in it before I try to change its book type??

Many thanks!

Edited by dround

ImgBurn does it automatically when you burn, you don't need to mess around with anything - especially if you don't fully understand what you're messing with.

If it doesn't work, your drive doesn't support changing the booktype.

Make sure you 'Verify' when you burn and post a copy of the log if you have a problem. There's a log entry at the start of the Verify operation that mentions the current booktype value of the disc.

ImgBurn does it automatically when you burn, you don't need to mess around with anything - especially if you don't fully understand what you're messing with.

If it doesn't work, your drive doesn't support changing the booktype.

Make sure you 'Verify' when you burn and post a copy of the log if you have a problem. There's a log entry at the start of the Verify operation that mentions the current booktype value of the disc.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I've already had a clear mind of booktype. Changing a DVD+R DL bookmark to a DVD-ROM type, it could make my console recognize the disk I burn is a commercial pressed dvd-rom instead of a DVD+R DL disk.(I read the GUIDES before I ask)

Fellows in some xbox forums say that a booktype changed disk is easier for xbox360 to recognize, that's why I want to change it.

So now it seems that my device is unsupported changing the booktype, I'll try another device.

And I hadn't burn it yet.

Thank you again, for your help and your amazing softwear! :thumbup::thumbup:

Your drive might well booktype to DVD-ROM anyway. The majority do right from the factory when burning DVD+R DL.

Wish me luck then, I'll check after burned and post the result here, hope it can help other people who have the same problem.

Edited by dround

• 2 weeks later...

hi, im having the very same problem, i have a very similar drive with the xps laptop and tried to chane the booktype while getting the same results, so i did trial and error with either other tabs like samsung that looked like it was going to work, but didnt when i put the disc in my xbox 360, and also tried burning while doing nothing at all. I highly doubt its the .img's i am using because i have tried downloading and ripping them, and am also using the proper discs (verbatim DVD+R DL).

Any thoughts? Thanks.

hi, im having the very same problem, i have a very similar drive with the xps laptop and tried to chane the booktype while getting the same results, so i did trial and error with either other tabs like samsung that looked like it was going to work, but didnt when i put the disc in my xbox 360, and also tried burning while doing nothing at all. I highly doubt its the .img's i am using because i have tried downloading and ripping them, and am also using the proper discs (verbatim DVD+R DL).

Any thoughts? Thanks.

post log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.