HELP please!

rrodriguez

hello,

im new to use imgburn, i ve burned 2 games so far with no problem but with the third i had an error, below is the log:

I 20:04:07 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 20:04:07 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:04:07 Total Physical Memory: 3,134,976 KB - Available: 1,439,412 KB

I 20:04:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:04:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:04:08 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Don't do that - and the value is wrong anyway.

yeah i noticed i corrected the value, set it manually then deleted the .dvd file, and burned the iso with no problems, weird thing

any thoughts on why worked this way and not with the .dvd file

It wasn't because you've manually set the layerbreak (look in your log above and you'll see that it was being set at the right place).

Maybe the 2 DVDs that failed before were slightly lower quality and didn't work on your burner? This could happen, especially if they're the Made in India ones :unsure:

If your burner and its firmware don't know how to burn that specific variation of the MKM-001-00 dye, they could quite easily ALL fail.

Borderline failures means you'll get some that work and some that don't. The ones that work might not be good quality burns, but at least they didn't fail.

You'd be better off forgetting about the matshita drive and buying a new one (external, normal size). They probably cost the same as that 20 pack anyway.

If your burner and its firmware don't know how to burn that specific variation of the MKM-001-00 dye, they could quite easily ALL fail.

Borderline failures means you'll get some that work and some that don't. The ones that work might not be good quality burns, but at least they didn't fail.

You'd be better off forgetting about the matshita drive and buying a new one (external, normal size). They probably cost the same as that 20 pack anyway.

i have checked all the burned games with abgx directly from the burned dvd, and all have passed with evrything green. if the dvd passes the abgx check could the dvd not be read by the console???

You'll need to try to find out, some console drives are quite picky.

As for the burner I guess a Pioneer 116/117 (or 216/217) or a new Optiarc, any of them in an external enclosure of your choice would work :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.