Win 7 / ImgBurn detects faster available speed but always burns at 4x max

mathesar

Im currently dual booting WinXP and Win7 RC (7100), In Win 7 I cant get ImgBurn to burn any faster than 4x even if I select 12x speed or MAX/AWS. Burner is a Pioneer 111d, Is there anything I can try that might fix it? I dont have this issue in WinXP. Running latest version of ImgBurn and Verbatim single layer -R media, Thanks.

What are the buffers like when you burn? Are they both at 100%?

Please provide a copy of the log from you burning a disc in Win 7 and if you can, please also attach the IBG (graph data) file that goes with the burn.

Yep both buffers stay at 100%, Ive attached the file requested. Thanks!

4x_Burn_info.jpg

Win7_ImgBurn.log

PIONEER_DVD_RW_DVR_111D_1.29_TUESDAY_JUNE_23_2009_2_42_PM_MCC_03RG20_MAX.ibg

Edited by mathesar

Your drive is reading that as 4x media.

I 14:42:16 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 03RG20) (Speeds: 4x)

Try some other discs until you see the 'Supported Write Speeds' info in the box on the right change to something faster than that.

Try cleaning the drive too.

What's the brand and model of your motherboard? Is the drive connected to the onboard controller or an add-on card? Have you looked for updated drivers for them?

It's an Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard and the burner is connected directly to the motherboard (Not add-on card) Whats weird is I can reboot into Windows XP and the same Verbatim's will burn at a higher speed. So its something to do with Win 7 I guess... But cant figure it out...

I just took another verbatim from the same spindle and this is how it reads in XP:

ImgBurn_XP.gif

Perhaps I shouldn't expect an unreleased OS to perform 100% :mellow:

Edited by mathesar

On Windows 7 try installing this driver to see if it detects your IDE controller. You might also want to check if you're using the latest BIOS version for your motherboard.

Well this is strange, When I reboot my PC and went back into Win 7 its now showing all the various burn speeds as being available. The last thing I did was install dvdinfo pro today, perhaps it had something to do with it? I dont have anything to burn at the moment to test it. It's been stuck at 4X since I installed Win 7 a month ago but looks like its fixed now.

Ill report back the next time I burn something, If its still 4x ill try those drivers you posted, Thanks!

Win7_ImgBurn.GIF

Edited by mathesar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.