write failed please help What happened?

loweryhl

I 10:12:13 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:12:13 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 10:12:13 Total Physical Memory: 260,080 KB - Available: 14,060 KB

I 10:12:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:12:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:12:13 Found 1 DVD

I 10:14:49 Destination Device: [1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-16W1P SL08 (D:) (ATA)

I 10:14:49 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 10:14:49 Write Speed: 2.4x

Apply this firmware update for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). If that doesn't help, try burning at 4x or 6x. You might also want to try a lens cleaning disc on your drive. If all that doesn't solve your problem then read this -> http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Also buy more memory or at least close all programs before burning...

I 10:14:49 Destination Device: [1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-16W1P SL08 (D:) (ATA)

I 10:14:49 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 10:14:49 Write Speed: 2.4x

Apply this firmware update for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). If that doesn't help, try burning at 4x or 6x. You might also want to try a lens cleaning disc on your drive. If all that doesn't solve your problem then read this -> http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Also buy more memory or at least close all programs before burning...

ITS PROBABLY THESE MEMOREX DISKS DONT YOU THINK?

Yup :thumbup:

I cleaned the lens and tried to burn at 4x,already had the latest firmware for burner. I tried 5 different disks and they all failed in different locations. So it must be these crappy disks.I took them back to wally world for a refund going to buy verbatims and try again. Thanks for your help

going to buy verbatims

:thumbup:

I went and got the verbatim disks and now it wont read them says no reference position found. I can put the cheap memorex in and it reads please help i thought verbatims were the gold

If you cleaned the lens and your drive doesn't recognize the best dual-layer media on the market then it's time for a new burner, don't you think?

Relaced the burner and used verbatims. Problem solved my drive was from 06 maybe worn out or just out of date :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.