Newb with a problem

swagga2high

ok i am trying to back up xbox360 game...i have 1 iso(hoping that is right) it is like 7 gigs

i am burning on to verbatim 8.5gb 2.4x made in singapore at 2.4x write speed

my dvd drive is a atapi dvd-a d20a4h ... im not sure if my firmware is outdated ive looked all over the internet and havent seen any updates for this drive...

this is the error i get after burn is 100% --- Potential WaitImmediateIO Deferred Error Session Fixation Error Writing Lead Out

can anyone help me with this please

****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Friday, 17 July 2009, 17:58:57

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:59:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 16:59:30 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:59:30 Total Physical Memory: 2,619,868 KB - Available: 1,818,972 KB

I 16:59:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:59:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:59:31 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW, 1 DVD

I 17:04:02 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4H QP53 (D:) (ATA)

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

You should be using the Write mode to burn that image (choose the .dvd file).

write image to disc?? so write the .dvd instead of the iso?? it is a game i want it to be readible on xbox360

I 17:04:02 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4H QP53 (D:) (ATA)

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

You should be using the Write mode to burn that image (choose the .dvd file).

write image to disc?? so write the .dvd instead of the iso?? it is a game i want it to be readible on xbox360

The default settings are good. Make sure you've updated your burner's firmware and rebooted before burning. The .dvd file tells ImgBurn the ISO name and where to place the layerbreak (open it with Notepad and see for yourself ;) ).

The default settings are good. Make sure you've updated your burner's firmware and rebooted before burning. The .dvd file tells ImgBurn the ISO name and where to place the layerbreak (open it with Notepad and see for yourself ;) ).

so i burn the .dvd and it will make the game bootable?? im just making sure i understand this right..i thought the game booted off the burnt iso...im a newb at this sorry for being so dumb...

If you open up the .dvd file in Notepad (or any other text editor), you will see that it only holds data that is used by the burning program to get key values to burn the .iso file.

MediaType=DVD

KILL_ME.ISO

In this example it tells the burning program that it's a DVD image and that the data to burn to the disc is in the file 'KILL_ME.ISO'.

In your .dvd file it might also hold the value for the layer break position.

:)

If you open up the .dvd file in Notepad (or any other text editor), you will see that it only holds data that is used by the burning program to get key values to burn the .iso file.

MediaType=DVD

KILL_ME.ISO

In this example it tells the burning program that it's a DVD image and that the data to burn to the disc is in the file 'KILL_ME.ISO'.

In your .dvd file it might also hold the value for the layer break position.

:)

ok so basically burnign the .dvd will automatically burn the iso.. thats good to know, i wasd attempting to burn both the iso and the dvd at the same time...well goinna try for another one...id hate to burn threw 50 discs without 1 good burn lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.