load queue file from command line?

glennl

Looked for command line options, found reference to ReadMe.txt and sure enough! Lots and lots of command line options... but I didn't find the one I was hoping for... to load a queue file from the command line.

Scenario... I'm currently porting a labelmaker program from Perl to Python, and trying to make it more general, and more automated.

The program asks for a set of CD labels to print, and creates also an ImgBurn queue file of CDs to burn, that correspond to the labels.

I was hoping it could launch ImgBurn, with the queue file preloaded. At the moment, one has to load the queue file manually...

Or maybe I've missed something in the ReadMe or elsewhere? Or maybe the function is there but not documented? Maybe I should just try /SRC=file.ibq and see what happens?

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe I should just try /SRC=file.ibq and see what happens?

Yes, just try that.

I tried it.

It works great!

Not sure how the documentation works as it is forum posts, but can it be updated to include this feature? What is the process for submitting updates?

CLI stuff is all in the readme.txt file.

So it is.

So one more line in the readme.txt would have answered my question! Anyway, this interaction is now in the forum, so findable by the next person that needs to know, if they stumble upon the right search terms (which I think are in this thread's subject line).

Thanks for a great program.

Until a couple months ago, I used Nero. It is cumbersome, compared to ImgBurn, and not easy to switch from GUI to command line... as best I could figure out, the command line interface they provide could possibly be used to create the same CDs, but they don't document how they translate .nri or .nra files to the command line (if they do), so it is like two completely separate programs to learn, and no sharing of data between them.

I've now converted all my processes to use ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.