Best drive to use with img burn?

Highlander

Ok New computer that has all the stuff built into the monitor it is a basic laptop hard drive and I know this does not burn good at all as I wanty to burn xbox 360 games for the kids.

Basic question which drive works best with imgburn that I can put to an external case or your best opinion! !

Img burn is Great So thank you to the developers The program has never failed me (my Burner has though)

There are lots of good drives out there. I myself have been using a Plextor PX800 for a while now. The plextors are a little more pricey than some other burners, but, they burn almost anything you put in them, including media that is considered to be "crappy media". In the long run it saves you cash because you can buy the cheaper media all day long. I myself will burn a flick and watch it once unless its really good. Then you can save it for another day or just throw it in the trash.

Hope this helps

Plextors are just rebranded LiteOn's now, don't waste your money on them.

Drives are supposed to follow a certain set of commands as laid out in the MMC specs. So ImgBurn really doesn't care too much, they're all roughly the same.

Look in the Drives section of this forum for an idea of what we're using and what produces decent burns. You can also visit the cdfreaks forum and read all the threads there for each drive.

I had looked in the forums and seen the (whats hot) but as far as looking at all that info it looks like chineese to me. hate to admit my ignorance I just could not tell from all the burning info what I was looking at. Lightening Uk you are obviously the most knowledgable please how about what you use? If its good to you Then I know it will to all but I will look again

I currently have a LiteOn iHAS324, Plextor 760SA, LG GGW-H20L, Pioneer DVR-217FBK and Optiarc AD-7240S in my machine.

The liteon is handy for scanning, the LG is a blu-ray burner and the Pioneer does nice burns with low jitter and is as silent as you're ever likely to get.

Thank you for your advice I purchased a LiteOn iHAS324 I would have purchased a Pioneer as you recomended but seems only to be available in the UK and I am not into Blue ray so dont need the other. Flea Bay so I will keep this one posted and hopefully it can help more people and they dont have to disturb you for something not so worthy of your attention.

OK just got the new burner and got a external case so made this one a external writer got the Verbatim DVD DL and tried it now three times no luck! what am I doing wrong here?; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 - Log

; Saturday, 05 September 2009, 00:38:08

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 23:26:57 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 23:26:57 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 23:26:57 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,396 KB - Available: 2,107,112 KB

I 23:26:57 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:26:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:26:57 Found 2 DVD

I guess maybe I should restste that my old computer died I purchased a new one it has an internal writer but it is a newer HP touch screen the older computer had written just fine. Now I dont remember if I had to change settings in img burn it is at default settings now etc. My kids would love to have a new video game to play as I have about fourty on the hard drive ready to go for them but they just dont burn for me now? Do I have to alter the settings in img burn to make the disks readable for the xbox. Or is it something else?

Ok here is an update to this one I found a guy whom was pretty good on this the whole xbox stuff but he is 1hr away so makes it tough to see this guy often. Here is some information about my xbox drive is an Hitachi v59 with ixtreme 1.51 firmware on it, previous version was ixtreme 1.41 This is the newest firmware available for this drive. Now knowing that there is v1.61 but not able to install on this drive. He said that all properly burnt games should play on my console now. Here is the kicker I took along one of my burnt games plays perfectly in his console still will not play in mine. Now I got img burn here and I followed all known instructions with book type got the verbatim disks i just dont see what I am doing wrong here can some one please help me as I am about to take this desk and freak!! But I do realize that you guys here have done your best to get his up for me

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.