Help with Imgburn Problems

moose69

Had 2.4.4 and all was well. Upgraded to 2.5 and 360 backups quit working. Noticed that when I tried to burn them at 1 - 2.4x that they would go to 4x. Seen there is some kind of bug that causes this. So I downgraded back to 2.4 and now I get this when I start it up.

I 12:56:38 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:56:38 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 12:56:38 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,656 KB - Available: 864,944 KB

I 12:56:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:56:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 12:56:41 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom0' (E:)

E 12:56:41 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

W 12:56:41 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.

W 12:56:41 This drive will not be visible in the program.

W 12:56:41 No devices detected!

The only problem that I have with 2.5 burning at 4x is that my 360 won't read the disk unless there burnt at 1x - 2.4x

Any idea how to fix this?

Kinda figured that out when all of this crap starting poping up on my screen. Will remove and try again

Congrats, you have a virus.

You'd have known that if you'd stuck to using 2.5.0.0

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10650

I bet your drive only supports the media at 4x, that's why it burns at 4x. Reverting to a known buggy (and less capable) version isn't the best way of working.

We don't support old version, besides, ImgBurn can't force a speed not supported by your burner (look at the Supported Write Speeds reported by your burner in the Information box). Also a slower speed doesn't necessarily result in a better quality burn, especially on newer burners and 8x rated media.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.