Can't burn my DL! Power Calibration Error?

sonofademon

Hi all, trying to burn my 360 game to DL. I used to do this all the time on my sister's macbook, and it worked flawlessly. Borrowed an external DVD drive from the girlfriend, tried to burn the game using ImgBurn, no dice. Here's the log:

I 22:26:09 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 22:26:09 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:26:09 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,436 KB - Available: 1,635,140 KB

W 22:26:09 Drive G:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 22:26:09 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 22:26:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:26:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:26:10 Found 1 DVD

Edited by sonofademon

Hi and welcome to the forum, sonofademon! :)

I guess the burner you borrowed is not the same model/brand as your sisters?

The issues from the part of the log you posted is that the burner doesn't like your choice of media.

Post the full log - there are other stuff in the non posted parts that can solve your issue.

I'm pretty cheap, so there's no way I'm dishing out for Verbatims. Memorex DL's just went on sale around here, it's $10 for 15 of them. I may just buy a pack of these and see if they work... other than that, I know Sonys are going for 25 DLs for $25. I still have a bunch of these WinData discs left, and I'd like to use them up...

Then how are we supposed to really help you if you are telling us what you will and will not do??? :blink: ?

I 22:32:24 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

What others think about the media.

What we have to say.

Read me.

Then how are we supposed to really help you if you are telling us what you will and will not do??? :blink: ?

I'm not going to waste my money on verbatims, because in reality I know it's all about the quality of your burner. Everyone focuses on media, but it's really just the type of media your burner will accept (as proven by no coasters on the macbook).

I 22:32:24 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

What others think about the media.

What we have to say.

Read me.

Since the quality of my burner isn't the greatest, I suppose it means I will need new media. Which brings me back to my last question, should I go with the Memorex DVDs? 15 for $10 sounds like a decent price to me.

There are media out on the market that no burner can stand.

In my opinion - get a new burner. If you like cheap discs - you will gain the costs of the new burner in no time. Just get a burner that is "good".

There are media out on the market that no burner can stand.

In my opinion - get a new burner. If you like cheap discs - you will gain the costs of the new burner in no time. Just get a burner that is "good".

I went with the memorex discs. 15 for $10, not a bad deal. Although, I must say... my first two discs were coasters, it had bad sectors. Remember how that didn't happen with my "cheaper" media? oh yeah...

Anyway, problem solved. Mods can lock this or let it die or whatever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.