Well yet another fail...

swagga2high

heres the log...please help...have latest firmware of the burner to...

I 14:47:43 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:47:43 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:47:43 Total Physical Memory: 1,506,800 KB - Available: 892,552 KB

W 14:47:43 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 14:47:43 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:47:43 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:47:43 Found 1 DVD

could this be caused by not having it plugged into the 2.0 usb port when thats what itscalling for?

W 15:55:36 L0 Data Zone Capacity Miscompare!

W 15:55:36 Wanted: 1913760, Got: 2086912

this is also in the error HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU10 FE06 (J:) (USB)

THEIRS MY BURNER ... MADE BY LG

Edited by swagga2high

Just google "The semaphore timeout period has expired"

Common problem, your drive and the usb chipset on your board don't get along.

Never buy an external drive if you have a desktop machine. Plugging it inside is always the better option.

can you point me in the direction to get an ide drive?? bestbuy and walmart had none...i spent 90 bucks on this one lol

would it be worth tryiong it in my laptop...or what im nto sure the laptop has 2.0 usb ports

Edited by swagga2high

Take it back!

You could get a pci sata card off ebay for $10 - 20 and then buy any burner you want.

You need one with a Silicon Image chipset on it. Normally the listing will mention Sil3112 (2 port) / Sil3512 (Same as 3112 but a bit newer) / Sil3114 (4 port).

Where do people normally order stuff online where you live? Newegg is it? They must have something IDE if you want to go that route.

Take it back!

You could get a pci sata card off ebay for $10 - 20 and then buy any burner you want.

You need one with a Silicon Image chipset on it. Normally the listing will mention Sil3112 (2 port) / Sil3512 (Same as 3112 but a bit newer) / Sil3114 (4 port).

Where do people normally order stuff online where you live? Newegg is it? They must have something IDE if you want to go that route.

yeah i am taking it back but im have a sata card...no way to power the drive up... probally about the head out to the other bestbuy lol...going to search for a ide but if i have to buy another burner and a power supply(which i dont know what im looking for) ill have to do it

just becoming a pain in the butt ive been running aroun all day and now i havel ike 4 coasters lol

Edited by swagga2high

Take it back!

yeah i am taking it back but im have a sata card...no way to power the drive up... probally about the head out to the other bestbuy lol...going to search for a ide but if i have to buy another burner and a power supply(which i dont know what im looking for) ill have to do it

just becoming a pain in the butt ive been running aroun all day and now i havel ike 4 coasters lol

hmm its verifying disc now will post update shortly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.