8.5 DL Disks Won't Burn At 2.4X - Only 4X???

BuLLeT762DAVE

Hi. I have purchased a brand new Pioneer DVR-218LBK. When I go to burn 8.5 DL Verbatium, or 8.5 DL TDK, I set the write speed to 2.4X, and the program resets the speed to 4X???

This does not happen on my Pioneer 217, or 216.

I need these disks to be burned at 2.4X, and it will not do it???

Is there some kind of settings I can do, to correct this?

I did read that others were having the same problem in this forum, with no solutions given.

Please give instuctions on how to correct this.

PS: Here is a small part of the Log:

W 13:34:42 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x)

Edited by BuLLeT762DAVE

If the drive doesn't support 2.4x on them, no you can't burn them at 2.4x!

Don't tease us with one line from the log, post the whole thing or don't post it at all.

The disc info on the right and the info in the log both clearly state the speeds your drive supports on the media... take a look for yourself.

Cynthia, LUK I think you should post somewhere an informative post to KILL the legend that slow burn gives a quality burn. ITS A FREAKING MYTH. In fact a slow burn might be less than optimal especially if the drive is a new cutting edge one. Since you are forcing it to burn at a slower speed, you are actually prone to get errors on the burn and the resultant is a lower quality burn.

THE QUALITY BURN = QUALITY MEDIA + QUALITY DRIVE + GOOD BURNING PROGRAM (IMGBURN IS MORE THAN GOOD FOR THAT).

Edited by Paladin77

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.