I/O error message

Jimbo

I* am constantly receiving an I/O message, I am burning with a Benq 1620 with an external enclosure

I 18:08:21 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 18:08:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:08:21 Total Physical Memory: 1,833,744 KB - Available: 919,868 KB

I 18:08:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:08:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

E 18:08:22 Device->Initialise() Failed!

E 18:08:22 Device: [0:0:0] (F (USB)

E 18:08:22 This drive is currently locked for exclusive access by 'DVDFab.exe_004884'.

E 18:08:22 Device->Initialise() Failed!

E 18:08:22 Device: [0:0:0] (F (USB)

E 18:08:22 This drive will not be visible in the program.

I 18:08:22 Found 2 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, Jimbo! :)

E 18:08:22 This drive is currently locked for exclusive access by 'DVDFab.exe_004884'.

I guess you are burning from the inside of DVDFab?

The same issue if you use one DVD reader/burner as source and the other DVD reader/burner as the burning target?

If you are burning the files directly with ImgBurn, what happens if you close down DVDFab first?

Just did a test in that program and used the same USB burner as both source and target and no issues.

I 05:44:20 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 05:44:20 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 05:44:20 Total Physical Memory: 2 095 484 KB - Available: 723 740 KB

I 05:44:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 05:44:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 05:44:21 Found 2 DVD

The same issue if you use one DVD reader/burner as source and the other DVD reader/burner as the burning target?

If you are burning the files directly with ImgBurn, what happens if you close down DVDFab first?

Hi Cynthia, thanks for the welcome, I am not burning from Dvd Fab, I am not using Imgburn as DvdFabs burner. wiil try to close down Fab, seems funny

tho, I have the same setup on another computer with no problems, its going to be something of a hassle to remember to shut Fab every time I use a program that utilizes

Imgburn, does the fact that it is an external enclosure have any bearing? Thanks, Jim.

Hi Cynthia, thanks for the welcome, I am not burning from Dvd Fab, I am not using Imgburn as DvdFabs burner. wiil try to close down Fab, seems funny

tho, I have the same setup on another computer with no problems, its going to be something of a hassle to remember to shut Fab every time I use a program that utilizes

Imgburn, does the fact that it is an external enclosure have any bearing? Thanks, Jim.

Duh, I am getting what you meant now Cynthia, I had a version of Fab still opened from a previous burn, and did not shut it, so the trick is to make sure I close Fab after each use. Thanks again

Duh, I am getting what you meant now Cynthia, I had a version of Fab still opened from a previous burn, and did not shut it, so the trick is to make sure I close Fab after each use. Thanks again

Thought it was fixed, closed all Fab windows Still:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 - Log

; Sunday, 13 September 2009, 04:42:11

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 03:37:44 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 03:37:44 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 03:37:44 Total Physical Memory: 1,833,744 KB - Available: 925,984 KB

I 03:37:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:37:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:37:45 Found 1 DVD

It should be burning at 16x with it set to MAX and yet yours is going at 4x.

Load the IBG file and post a screenshot so we can see it (or post up the IBG itself so we can do it).

LUK, Thanks for your attention, I have never posted eiher of the things you requested, I,ll be glad to with a little help.

Thanks,

Jimbo

Attach this file to a posting window. You need to press the 'More Options' button in the posting window to see the attach stuff option.

I 04:41:11 Graph Data File: C:\Users\durkinjt\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\BENQ_DVD_DD_DW1620_B7W9_SUNDAY-SEPTEMBER-13-2009_3-39_AM_RITEK-F16-01_MAX.ibg

You can also open up the graph file in the free program BurnPlot, that you can find here:

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

or/and then just post a graphic image of the file.

:)

Attach this file to a posting window. You need to press the 'More Options' button in the posting window to see the attach stuff option.

I 04:41:11 Graph Data File: C:\Users\durkinjt\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\BENQ_DVD_DD_DW1620_B7W9_SUNDAY-SEPTEMBER-13-2009_3-39_AM_RITEK-F16-01_MAX.ibg

You can also open up the graph file in the free program BurnPlot, that you can find here:

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

or/and then just post a graphic image of the file.

:)

Cynthia ,please excuse my ignorance, but how do I attach this file(not sure what file) or open the graph line in the free program Burnplot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.