Plextor PX-880SA

tklemzak

The only way to set the dvd+r booktype to dvd-rom on this drive is to currently use PlexUTILITIES which can be downloaded from the Plextor site. Even though 2.5.5.0 has the Plextor tab - it is non-functional on this drive. Would appreciate it if booktype for this drive could be set in a future version of ImgBurn.

I should have mentioned that I did try the Lite On tab - and yes, it does give the "Success!" prompt. However, when running the log file while burning - I still notice it reads: Booktype: N/A. On my previous drive it correctly read, Booktype: DVD-ROM. So, I'm not exactly convinced the Lite On tab is working with this drive.

It says 'Book Type Setting: N/A' because ImgBurn tries the standard Plextor booktype command, which doesn't work on your re-badged Lite On. If you get success when manually doing the booktypíng via the Lite On tab then it should be correctly burned to the media. What kind of media are you using by the way?

• 1 month later...

It says 'Book Type Setting: N/A' because ImgBurn tries the standard Plextor booktype command, which doesn't work on your re-badged Lite On. If you get success when manually doing the booktypíng via the Lite On tab then it should be correctly burned to the media. What kind of media are you using by the way?

I've put the Drive ID info in the Advanced section of the Lite On tab. Unclear if it works though, primarily because ImgBurn *IS* using the standard Plextor booktype command - and I wish it would try an alternative method so that the log file indicated: DVD-ROM as it did when I used a Sony (re-badged Samsung) - hence my post here under the Suggestions area. I am using Taiyo Yuden - of course. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.