Failed burn

NGC7088

Then what are they good for?

I mean they are then useless to me. How can there be a product so consisntetly bad, based on other's experience seen around here, and still pretend it is the intended product? Isn't there a limit to bad quality when it stops being just bad quality and becomes fraud? I know I will not buy them anymore, but how much money they make before everyone notices and stops buying? it's plain robbery!

I know this has nthing to do with you guys here. Just letting the steam out. I feel better now. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Ok, Now I got the verbatims. But there's a new problem I never noticed before, with my old PC, so I did some experimenting and here I try to explain the situation.

First, It used to be with my old PC I was able to use memorexes and they used to play in any other player. When I got this PC I'm using now it was the first time imgburn rejected them (or the drive, whatever) so I then got the verbatims. They work with the new PC and the old PC But... the resulting recording does not play in all my home players. I got two important ones, a JVC XV-S45 in my room and a Bose lifestyle in the living room. What I'm experiencing is that the verbatims do not play in the JVC. So I went to my old PC and used a Memorex again, recorded with no trouble and it plays in the JVC, BUT NOT IN THE BOSE! What is going on here?

I tried them both in my son's little SYLVANIA and they both play there.

I'm attaching the following. First, information from an old memorex recording, done in my old PC some time ago, which plays in both the Bose and the JVC, to prove I'm not crazy. This file is named Both.txt

Second, a new recording on the old PC with memorex which does not play in the Bose.

Third, a new recording of the same DVD but burned with the new PC using verbatims which does not play in the JVC.

What I'm looking for is the PC/media/settings combination which will play in both JVC and Bose. Please Help!

Both.log

ImgBurn2.log

ImgBurn3.log

Edited by NGC7088

You didn't verify any of the burns so we don't know if the discs were properly burned or not. Hint: leave Verify enabled, that's why it's there and enabled by default :P

Slim burners are rubbish in general and yours (MATSHITA BD-RE UJ235A) is the brand that takes the crown in the garbage segment, so avoid using it if you can.

Now your older burner, the Optiarc AD-7170A is pretty good and the problem you're having could be due to the old firmware the drive has, so update its firmware to the latest version (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished) and try burning at a slower speed, e.g. 6x or 4x. Also this Optiarc burner should do a good job burning the Verbatim blanks.

OK, Firmware updated, machine rebooted, speed set at 4x using the optiarc only.

The result is the same. Memorex recording plays on the JVC but not on the Bose-message "Format unsupported", and the verbatims play on the BOSE but not in the JVC-message "No Disk"

What else has changed since the time this drive could record DL's which would play at both players?

Logs attached, with verify.

ImgBurn4.log

ImgBurn5.log

• 1 month later...

OK I finally got a kit (it's basically a dvd with a little brush on it). No difference, th JVC does not see the Verbatims and the Bose does not see the memorexes. Since the Bose still can see the memorex attached several posts ago, the one named "both.txt", what changed that the new ones are not seen? or what else is going on?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.