Please suggest - LITE ON - iHAS122

DjBR

My situation is this:

I have owned a couple of LG drives, but I think their quality is not the best nowadays.

Reason why I tell you is that my father uses a GSA H58N which is pretty slow & dumb, many times.

And I used to have a GSA4165B which was better...

Now I am in the quest for a new drive and the Lite On iHAS122 has caught my attention. I have heard this is a good brand for burners, specially for ripping media.

There is the Samsung DVD-RW SH-S223B, which seems to be new and I heard about the SH-F223F (previous model) being much better than LG for burning DVDs at higher speeds. (The LG burnt media had much more irrecoverable errors at 22x, while SH-F223F handled it well, although with recoverable errors).

Should I buy this LITE ON?

Well if the mighty Lightning has, I think it's a good idea to get one

Perhaps he has it for pure scanning purpose... :whistling:

I have the Lite-On iHAS120 and Samsungs SH-S223F and they are both buried deep in a wardrobe.

A nice burner and reader is the Optiarc 724x series of drives.

http://www.smartdata.com.br/produtos_secoes.asp?SecP=8

Take a look at the two first drives at the right column...

One is LITE-ON iHAS122 - 22x, with Quality Scan (as pointed by mmalves)

Right below, there is a Sony/Optiarc AD-7240S, no Quality Scan but 24x

Which one of them should I buy.

I burn DVD's occasionally, with FLAC backups.

The most important to me is to have a reliable drive to rip CD-Audio (EAC/Log/AccurateRip), occasionally.

Don't want those drives that take like 30 seconds to load up a CD, after media is inserted...

So... LITE-ON or OPTIARC ?

*************************************************************************************

UPDATE: I ended up getting the OPTIARC.... For my use, it won't matter at all...

*************************************************************************************

Drive does not support BitSetting on DVD+R media..

No problem right, since I haven't seen anymore a "DVD-R only" hardware player....

Edited by DjBR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.