trying to write files to disk but medium not present

vouslavous

k first off here is my log

I 14:19:28 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:19:28 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:19:28 Total Physical Memory: 981,488 KB - Available: 527,888 KB

W 14:19:28 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 14:19:28 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:19:28 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:19:28 Found 1 DVD±RW!

im not understanding why it acts as if it cant burn when it says the driver is found and there is a blank disj\k in try, the disk itself is a

magnavox DVD-R

one thing i notcied is that the log it self doesnt update when i takeout/put in the disk but in the program it says logical unit is in process of becoming ready before saying medium not present, any ideas?

ImgBurn shows what your burner is "saying", and your burner thinks there's no disc inside. Have you tried with other blanks? Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks should work.

ill try other blanks if i can get to the store, but are you certain that the problem isnt the drivers or that my tray cant burn?

Edited by vouslavous

ImgBurn shows exactly what your drive is "saying", and yours thinks there's no disc inside. If it's an older DVD burner (the manufacturing date is printed on the label on top of the burner) try getting the 8x rated blanks.

ImgBurn shows exactly what your drive is "saying", and yours thinks there's no disc inside. If it's an older DVD burner (the manufacturing date is printed on the label on top of the burner) try getting the 8x rated blanks.

yea when i hit verify disk says no disk present, this computer is at least 2 and half years old, ill check the make on the tray and under read mode there is nothing in the right pannel

Edited by vouslavous

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.