How to live to be 109 years old.

dbminter

It seems Britain's believed to be oldest surviving World War I (Back then, he was fighting just the Great War. :D Back when wars were great, you know, and all the fun involved. ;)) vet has unlocked the secrets to a long healthy life. It seems the key is "There were two prescriptions for an ultra long life on offer yesterday, both from men who should know. Bill Stone is 105 and swears by clean living, a contented mind and trust in the Lord. Henry Allingham, on the other hand, attributes his 109 years to "cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women"."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../10/ixhome.html

I would be more likely to trust Allingham over Stone. =)) He's lived 4 years longer, and, probably, had a more life through his choices, as opposed to Stone's. :wink:

Now, the irony is, Allingham is supposed to turn 110 in June. But, he was recently admitted to hospital with a respiratory infection. The problem is, the past oldest living WW I vets, one in Scotland and other in Britain, had all died AT 109, one in 2005 and then in 2004, I think. So, could Allingham beat the trend or... :death:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.