Burners not recognized

tonythecat

I have just purchased a new Pioneer 218lbk SATA burner and updated to the 2510 version of your excellent software . When I did this both my IDE and SATA burner in the same tower are not recognized . The only problematic message was "W 15:56:59 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance." . Ok my other PC sitting right next to it says the same thing but doesn't have a SATA burner , just two IDE drives ans doesn't have a problem at all . I just burned a DVD and CD using NERO as well as DVDFab in the affected tower . Why won't your new program version detect SATA and IDE burners in the same tower ? I'm attaching the log file so as not to get bonked with a chair ... please help . Also the PC is using XP x64 edition SP2 in case that helps .

ImgBurn.log

I have just purchased a new Pioneer 218lbk SATA burner and updated to the 2510 version of your excellent software . When I did this both my IDE and SATA burner in the same tower are not recognized . The only problematic message was "W 15:56:59 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance." . Ok my other PC sitting right next to it says the same thing but doesn't have a SATA burner , just two IDE drives ans doesn't have a problem at all . I just burned a DVD and CD using NERO as well as DVDFab in the affected tower . Why won't your new program version detect SATA and IDE burners in the same tower ? I'm attaching the log file so as not to get bonked with a chair ... please help . Also the PC is using XP x64 edition SP2 in case that helps .

Thanks for the help people ... I just found that after installing the new version of IMG burn that it enabled an unsigned ELBYcdf driver and XP didn't recognize it so I switched back to the standard CDROM XP driver and it enabled all other CD/DVD drives in the hardware list . Thanks again to everyone for all the help .

That's nothing to do with ImgBurn, must have been something else you installed.

It was a driver by Slyfoft ... The CD cloner driver v.5314 . When I installed IMGBurn it ( It being XP x64 edition ) defaulted to that driver for some unknown reason . It wasn't any fault of LIGHTNING UK ! . I believe the program had a setting to default it's driver if not detected . Thanks for the help ... it helped greatly in helping me find where to look for the problem .

I 15:56:59 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!

I 15:56:59 Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:56:59 Total Physical Memory: 8,387,452 KB - Available: 7,482,536 KB

W 15:56:59 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 15:56:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:56:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 15:56:59 No devices detected!

Your log shows ImgBurn was already using SPTI when it couldn't find the drives - and not ElbyCDIO which is the Elaborate Bytes/Slysoft driver you're talking about.

So is ImgBurn now working ok with it still on SPTI?

I 15:56:59 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!

I 15:56:59 Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:56:59 Total Physical Memory: 8,387,452 KB - Available: 7,482,536 KB

W 15:56:59 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 15:56:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:56:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 15:56:59 No devices detected!

Your log shows ImgBurn was already using SPTI when it couldn't find the drives - and not ElbyCDIO which is the Elaborate Bytes/Slysoft driver you're talking about.

So is ImgBurn now working ok with it still on SPTI?

Yes , everything is working absolutely fine ... I included a log to show what it says now for you .

ImgBurn.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.