Please help me create a bootable Windows 7 DVD

mottoosmart

I have Windows 7 along with several other applications in a folder (about 4 GBs)that I would like to put into a bootable DVD. Can someone please give me directions to create a bootable DVD that will automatically boot to the Windows 7 setup (or boot so that I can run Win 7 setup manually) ? Once Windows is installed, I can then access the DVD and install the other applications. Thanks.

Read the guides forum.

LIGHTNING UK, thank you for your reply.

I get stuck on #6 and #8:

6. "Point the 'Boot Image' to the 'etfsboot.com' file within the 'boot' folder in your source folder - i.e. "T:\VISTA_INSTALL\boot\etfsboot.com"

I don't have this file. Also, I am trying to create a Windows 7 boot dvd, not Vista. Should I substitute the Windows 7 ISO disk image for etfsboot.com?

8. Assuming your source folder is in order (i.e. it contains a 'sources' folder with an 'install.wim' file in it) and depending on your current settings, the program will prompt to correct certain things so they match (as closely as possible) an official Microsoft disc/image.

I don't believe I have the install.wim file either.

I am trying to create a compilation of software on one DVD that boots to Windows 7 installation.

Then you probably have some messed up version.

Sorry, I haven't seen and therefore cannot help with those.

I was referencing the following guide: "How to create a Windows Vista / 7 installation disc using ImgBurn"

Is there another guide I should follow?

I wanted to report back as I figured out the problem: I thought imgburn was not working properly, or defective - instead, the user (me) was defective and not working properly. I was using a compressed version of windows 7 and therefore could not follow the guide instructions. The guide and imgburn work perfectly. In fact, the more I use imgburn the more I like it - it's an outstanding product. Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.