Configuration Setting To Burn ISO Image On Hard Disk

ilitws

Background Info:-

I installed ImgBurn 2.5.1 after installing DVD Flick 1.3.0.7 build 738 32. I have - WinXp Professional 32 bit with C drive on NTFS & D drive FAT32 & E drive FAT32. In DVD Flick main window there are 2 configurations - a)Project Settings b)Menu Settings. I have an .avi video on my computer. I have compiled it in C drive as a vob container. I have built that vob container to an .iso file in E drive. Now I want to burn the iso file. The DVD disc has the following written on it - Sony DVD-R 120 min/4.7 GB, AccuCORE 16x/x. I am totally clear about the Project Settings in DVD Flick.

My queries are:-

1)In Menu Settings in DVD Flick I chose to keep unticked all 3 things - Auto-play menu, Show subtitle menu first & show audio menu first. Is it ok?

2)I have saved the project on my desktop on C drive in C:\Documents and Settings\ilitws\desktop. Is it ok?

3)I have saved the compiled DVD folder on C drive in C:\Documents and Settings\ilitws\My Documents\dvd since only an NTFS file systems supports encoded output >2GB. This compiled folder contains within it sub folders & files as follows -

C:\Documents and Settings\ilitws\My Documents\dvd\dvd which contains 2 sub folders - AUDIO_TS which is empty & VIDEO_TS which contains - VIDEO_TS.BUP 6KB,VIDEO_01_0.BUP 80KB, VIDEO_01_1.VOB 1,048,544 KB,VIDEO_01_2.VOB 1,048,544 KB,VIDEO_01_3.VOB 1,048,544 KB,VIDEO_01_4.VOB 883,020 KB, VIDEO_TS.IFO 6KB & VTS_01_0.IFO 80KB. The size of this folder is 3.84 GB

It also contains some files apart from the above -

title0.mpg 4,028,652 KB,

0.0.ac3 238,869 KB,

0.0.0_log.txt 1KB,

ffmpeg_audio_title0_track0_source0.txt 41KB,

ffmpeg_video_title0_source0.txt 830KB,

mplex_title0.txt 3KB,

0.0.m2v 3,686,135 KB,

dvdauthor.xml 1KB,

dvdauthor.txt 79KB,

dvdflick.log 4KB

4)I have saved the iso file on E drive E:\Nice Movie because of hard drive space. Is it ok?

5)I built the iso file using ImgBurn choosing C:\Documents and Settings\ilitws\My Documents\dvd\dvd. Is it okay?

6)Or should I have built the iso file using C:\Documents and Settings\ilitws\My Documents\dvd

Please guide me

Put things where you like, it's your PC!

I thought DVD Flick called up ImgBurn automatically for the burning stuff, how comes you're doing it manually?

If you want to burn a DVD Video disc, follow the DVD Video guide in the Guides forum. (Hint: just add the 'VIDEO_TS' folder to the source box in 'Build' mode and then click the big 'Write' button.)

I thought DVD Flick called up ImgBurn automatically for the burning stuff, how comes you're doing it manually?

If you want to burn a DVD Video disc, follow the DVD Video guide in the Guides forum. (Hint: just add the 'VIDEO_TS' folder to the source box in 'Build' mode and then click the big 'Write' button.)

Thanks a ton for your guidance. DVD Flick does call up ImgBurn automatically. It's just that I chose to stop at compilation rather than at one shot proceeding with building iso or writing it to DVD disc. That's because I wanted to understand the process & not for any other reason. I diligently read the DVD Video Guide & your wonderful forum & guides too before posting a query. Thanks. :)

Thanks a ton for your guidance. DVD Flick does call up ImgBurn automatically. It's just that I chose to stop at compilation rather than at one shot proceeding with building iso or writing it to DVD disc. That's because I wanted to understand the process & not for any other reason. I diligently read the DVD Video Guide & your wonderful forum & guides too before posting a query. Thanks. :)

Is the Audio_TS folder always an empty folder in every single case? Therefore is it so that one can always build an iso by adding VIDEO_TS to the source box in 'Build' mode?

Yes it's normally always empty for a DVD Video disc. If there are things in it then it's a DVD Audio disc.

Yes you can just add the VIDEO_TS folder to the 'Source' box, ImgBurn will handle the rest automatically - including the creation of the empty AUDIO_TS folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.