Please Clarify This Concept

ilitws

Background

As I currently understand it "Build" means creating an image whether iso format or other image formats; "Building" the image on your hard disk gives you an exact replica of what eventually your cd/dvd would look like.The only thing is that it is still on your hard disk & not yet on your cd/dvd. "Write" means burning that image to disc so that it is now on your cd/dvd. When the image is "written" to the device aka disc aka e.g. cd/dvd etc you end up with an audio cd or video cd . So I always thought that "Build" & "Write" are 2 totally different things

Query

I am slightly puzzled when it says you can "build to image" (meaning hard disk) or you can build to device (meaning cd, dvd etc). Does not "build to device" actually mean writing? If it does not then how does this kind of "build" differ from "write"? When you build an iso image to dvd is it not exactly the same thing has having written a dvd?

I am sorry my query may be rather basic but I would be grateful if you could clarify this. Please excuse my ignorance. :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.