Seeking Clarification About ImgBurn 2.5.1 Logs

ilitws

Background

I'd like to preserve all my ImgBurn 2.5.1 logs since:-

• project specifics vary from project to project e.g. PAL, NTFS, specifications of media used, File System used e.g. ISO9660, UDF (1.02), Output Size e.g. Image Size, Data Type e.g. MODE1/2048, Write Rate, Time Taken to Write hours, minutes & seconds, Verify Rate, Time Taken To Verify hours, minutes & seconds etc

• I can learn from my logs & use those learnings for future tasks so that I avoid mistakes, estimate how much time each task would take & do not needlessly have to reinvent the wheel :)

Gratitude

• It is great that in ImgBurn 2.5.1 by clicking on Help-ImgBurn Logs it directly/quickly takes me to the Log folder which happens to be in "Application Folder" which happens to be a hidden folder & hidden file. This "quick click gui method" saves me a lot of time as otherwise I would have had to click on a folder & change 2 settings in WinXP Professional to get to the ImgBurn 2.5.1 Log file :)

Query

As I will continue to use ImgBurn 2.5.1 time after time I'd like to save all my logs rather than my latest log getting replaced with the latest one

Does the latest log of the session:-

• overwrite the earlier log of previous session/sessions or
  • increment it in the earlier session log itself ----- this would be great as I won't end up with >1 log file or
  • gets created as a fresh session log -------- this too would be fine since I do not mind if number of log files >1

• So what type of log file is it? - overwrite, increment or fresh?

• Can log file name be configured by me for automatic file naming e.g. "Label Name + Read", "Label Name + Build", "Label Name + Write", "Label Name + Verify", "Label Name + Write + Verify"

Tools -> Settings -> Events -> On Exit.

The log stuff is in there.

By default the 'Append' option is selected (newest logs at the top of the file though) - but it limits to a certain number of lines (something like 5000).

Overwrite makes it overwrite a single log (so you only ever have info on the last time you shut ImgBurn.

If both are unticked then it'll append a number to the end of the log an that just gets incremented each time a new log is created.

Thanks for your kind reply. I'll keep both unticked so that I never run the risk of exceeding 5000 lines. So in my case I'll prefer the option to append a number to the end of the log an that just gets incremented each time a new log is created

Kindly tell me this. If & when I delete some prior logs will that pose a problem in log numbering? For instance if I have Log1, Log2, Log3 then the next log which is self created would be Log4. Now were I to delete Log2 would I just be left with Log1, Log3 & Log4?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.