SATA to USB cable

databurner

All external optical drives have exactly this... and obviously they work ok!

Well, I say 'all', the latest blu-ray ones probably need eSATA or something for true 12x BD burns.

Great ! I only was able to find one LG model in IDE (GH22NP20) , but its not famous, I will go for the lite on SATA (iHAS324-23y) with the cables.

Thanks

Just so you know, the new LiteOns come in 2 models - 'iHAS324 A' and 'iHAS324 Y'

The 'A' is the true/normal LiteOn, the 'Y' is more like an Optiarc.

I have no clue what does that mean, should I be looking for the A ? what SATA drive do you recommend in general ?

Where I live there is no pioneer or Asus or plextor, only some Samsung, LG, Lite on....

New:

I just checked Lite on (iHAS324-32 A) on cdrinfo , they didn't like the burning and said Optiarc is better ? I found out the 32A from the pictures.

On clubmyce they classifying the drive based on the number:

Drives ending in -08 or -09 are Lite-On drives (MediaTek chipset).

Drives ending in -32 or -98 are Optiarc drives (NEC chipset)

So 32 is Optiarc now ?????

So what is the truth ? and what version is the best ?

I found out that a store here has Sony(oem) (he calls it Sony) and I found out that a couple of months ago he was selling (I wrote it on his buissness card last time) AD-5240S I guess that Optiarc ??

I also found LG GH22NP20

I want to go grab one today and start burning DL, Can somebody help here plz ???

update:

later in the thread they realized that there are 32A & 32Y and according to cdrinfo 32A is not good and they say Optiarc is better , they are refering to Optiarc AD7240S but I don't have that here

so whats my best choice?

LG GH22NP20

Lite on iHAS324-32A

Sony? AD5240S

Edited by databurner

mmalves ,I did it :w00t:

but why if I choose DVD-ROM as booktype in imgburn and go out of the settings and come back and choose dvd+r dl, it says settings unknown ?

update:

Tried burning and got this while verifying :

Failed to read Sector 500134 Reason - Logical Unit Communication Parity Error :/

plz anybody can help ?

Update:

I tried verfiying using my old burner which is IDE burner and it was succesfull !!

It seems that the message has something to do with the slow connection type I had SATA/USB because the verifying went to 10X on my IDE burner so maybe it was trying to speed up but USB couldnt handle the speed.

Thanks Lightning UK & mmalves :thumbup:

Edited by databurner

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.