BD Disc Write 2048 Error

blafarm

I've been using ImgBurn for a while and love the program. Thanks.

Earlier today I used "Avid DVD by Sonic" to create a Blu-ray image of a 1080p/23.976 HD video.

"Avid DVD by Sonic" is a program distributed along with Avid Media Composer -- which pretty much every big budget feature is edited on.

The program created three files and one folder:

1. iso test.gi 2 KB

2. iso test (1).gi 1,175,168 KB

3. iso test.xml 36 KB

4. And a folder named "Sources"

I've read the documentation, reviewed the guides and read several posts by other users trying to do the same thing.

I'm using the "Write image file to disc" mode -- and I have tried selecting the smaller .gi file -- but I continue to get the error message below:

"Invalid or unsupported image file format! Reason: First image part is less than 2048 bytes in size"

I've also burned a couple of expensive coasters trying to burn the larger .gi -- and, predictably, the disc is reported as unsupported by my Panasonic BD player.

I read a post or two about possible non-compatible .gi files. Is it possible that ImgBurn is not recognizing my smaller .gi file?

I have taken the liberty of attaching it to this post on the chance it can be reviewed.

Or, am I possibly doing something very stupid and wrong -- like something wrong in "Settings"?

Thanks for your assistance.

If you open the large gi file, does ImgBurn parse it correctly and show the file system, volume label etc in the 'Source' box when you load it in Write mode?

Can't you save as an ISO image instead of a GI one? That would save any issues with unsupported GI files!

Yes, if I open the larger file -- it does seem to display correctly in the Source Box.

Unfortunately, the Sonic application does not seem to offer the option of a standard ISO file with HD sources.

I do use Sorenson Squeeze 6 -- which offers both VC-1 and MPEG-2 compression solutions for BD authoring.

Do you happen to know of an open source or low-cost program that might be able to take those Sorenson authoring files and allow me to create a standard ISO? All I need is bare bones Autoplay functionality -- absolutely no need for frills or menus on these discs.

Or, given my response to your "larger file" question -- is there another approach I should try to use to make my existing .gi files work?

Thanks again for your help on this.

I appreciate your time.

If ImgBurn parses the large GI file ok (and there's only one of them - you only need the little GI file when there's more than 1 large file), I can't think of a reason why just burning that large GI file wouldn't work.

Do you have a log of where you've burnt + verified that large GI on a disc?

If you look at the non working disc in explorer, does it look right and show all the correct files?

Do you not have any PC software that can play such discs?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.