Imgburn error at the end stages [NEED HELP]

dwummy

ok so i was burning an xbox 360 iso on my desktop's samsung burner,its a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0714 (E:)(ATA)

i followed a guide that worked for me before, and being very cautious as i am, checked to make sure i did everything right twice. i know the iso is fine as it was successfully scanned by abgx360. i opened the DVD file using imgburn and started burning it with the layerbreak set at 1913760. imgburn + my burner worked for me everytime when i used my older windata DVD+R DL disks that i had lying around. i recently went and bought a new pack of windatas and then tried burning the iso, as i said before. the only difference from last time was that i used this new pack instead...which is exactly the same as my other disks imgburn could burn the image but could not close the disk as it would get stuck at 94% and i would get this error.

Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (94%, 0/3) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead Out

so what did i do wrong this time? i tried it twice, using 2 disks and i dont want to waste anymore expensive disks. the only thing i do remember hearing is that my burner made a sort of noise that usually happens when someone puts their finger on a moving disk. i know its not a firmware problem, as i updated it recently to 0714, the latest one. i have the log of the burn but its basically like everything went right except at the end when it was finalising and closing the disk. manually closing the disk didnt work either. if i need to copy/paste the log file i can do it.

help please?

thanks

Edited by dwummy

ok ive seen that before..

i already cleaned out my drive completely... and windata disks worked 100% fine for me before especially for burning xbox 360 games. these are just a new pack that i recently bought from micro center. could it be that the newer ones are lower quality or something? i mean everything looks the same as the other ones and what causes that error to occur in imgburn?

The dye the discs use can change from spindle to spindle. That's one of the many issues with using the cheapo discs, you never really know what you're going to get until it's too late.

The error comes from the drive, not ImgBurn. ImgBurn simply shows you what the drive has reported, it has no control over it erroring out or not.

ok so do u know what causes the drive to report that error when imgburn starts to close the disk? is it my drive or the disks at fault?

i also have the log of the burn...if that helps in any way

Edited by dwummy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.