Imgburn wont start

adrian_y

Down loaded latest imgburn and now it will not start

the error message is

C\program files\imgburn.exe

this application has failed to start because the application configeration is correct. reinstalling the application may fix the problem

Well it did not

I was using an older version for a year or so now which worked very well

Any ideas

Adrian

I assume you've tried reinstalling?

You've probably got some AV type software installed that's blocking the EXE from running due to it being compressed via UPX.

Extract the attached zip to the ImgBurn installation folder (C:\Program Files\ImgBurn), right click the 'Decompress ImgBurn.bat' file and select 'Run as administrator'.

Hopefully the black DOS box that pops up and will eventually prompt you to 'Press any key to continue...' will say that it managed to decompress the EXE ok.

Decompress ImgBurn.zip

I assume you've tried reinstalling?

You've probably got some AV type software installed that's blocking the EXE from running due to it being compressed via UPX.

Extract the attached zip to the ImgBurn installation folder (C:\Program Files\ImgBurn), right click the 'Decompress ImgBurn.bat' file and select 'Run as administrator'.

Hopefully the black DOS box that pops up and will eventually prompt you to 'Press any key to continue...' will say that it managed to decompress the EXE ok.

upx:imgburn.exeNotPackedException not packed by upx ?????? was the answer

You only run the batch file once, then you run ImgBurn as usual (desktop/start menu links etc).

I have emailed their support waiting on an answer

When I pause protection Imgburn starts no problem

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.