Blu-Ray Data Disc

Phe0nix

I am running Windows XP and have allot of data that I've compressed into the .Rar file format

that i wish to burn to a BD-R ( 25 GB ) disc as a data disc. Can this be done with Imgburn and

if so what advanced settings ( UDF 1.2 , UDF 2.5 etc.. ) need to be changed if any. I have read

the guide topics and the only one i see for Blu-Ray is for Video and i need to burn data. I tried

another application and the burning s/w gave me an error at the end of the burn that it failed

to burn at 6x but i had it set to 2x and all the data seemed to be there so i don't know what went

wrong with it.

I am using Verbatim 4X media with a Pioneer BDR-203 using Firmware ver. 1.11 which i believe is

the latest.

Thank You

You can use what you like really seeing as it's just a data disc.

XP can't read UDF 2.50+ without a 3rd party driver, so if you want to be able to read it in that, stick with 1.02.

None of that makes any difference to your drive succeeding / failing to burn the disc though.

That comes down to your drive/firmware/media combo.

Thanks for the reply.

When i add the folder that contains my files it asks if the folder is the root directory for my image file.

I am not adding an image file so i'm concerned i may waste another expensive BD-R if i answer incorrectly.

Also after adding my 3 folders it confirms i've added 218 Files and 5 Folders. There are 218 files but

there are only 3 folders. I double checked and there are no subdirectories in any of the 3 selected

folders.

Thank You

Answer "NO" and add the rest of the folders/files.

Or select at least two folders when you adding for the first time in the session, that way it will not give you that prompt.

You can "tweak" that prompt in Tools/Settings/Build/Page 2/Prompts, activate "Don't Prompt Root Content" than activate what answer you want accordig to desire.

Edited by ianymaty

Thanks, got it to burn the files. I was using imgburn ver 2.4.2.5 or something close and one of my rar files

is missing a block, it has 30 of 31 blocks. Just updated to the current version will try the burn again with

the advanced mode as ver 2.4.2.5 didn't have that option.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.