Using Geniuine Taiyo Yudens

JuJuBean

I have been on a quest to find the perfect CD-R. At first I tried Verbatims, but reading one of Lighting UK's older posts,

he claimed that Verbatim CD-Rs are garbage (although their DVDs are still good). Instead, he mentioned Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs

are much better. Having said that, are these genuine Taiyo Yudens? I purchased them from a store claiming they sell genuine Taiyo Yuden

and also have a guide showing you how to spot fakes. Purchasing CD-Rs, and then having to return them after reading these forums is getting to my head.

I've attached a print screen of Nero Info Tool, hoping that this will assist the investigation.

Also: The CD-rs have a frosted circle hub, and the serial in one of the hubs reads: EF059B0617980

The serial in the dye area is extremely tiny and reads: 80 PG3174

Thanks guys!

post-35104-045336000 1285193520.png

Edited by JuJuBean

Well, the manufacturer field says Taiyo Yuden, which genuine TY's do. But, of course, that field can always be faked since it's just a simple field where they can put any text they desire. So, I guess I'm not much help. :) But, my Taiyo Yuden CD-R's say that and they appear to be good. Well, they finish burning and they do play back, anyway.

I personally felt the sting of Verbatim CD-R's. They are CMC Magnetics, the bottom of the barrel stuff. I felt personally betrayed. :lol: They make such good DVD-R and DVD+R DL media, I just thought they'd make good CD-R's, too. Epic FAIL! So, I returned them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.