Log Window Gone

Phe0nix

Log window option is selected and it was active at one time but is now gone. I did a search and read

that if you hit shift + Ctrl + L it will open the window. When i use the shortcut mentioned imgburn

tell me i shouldn't close the window but it's not visable.

thanks for the quick reply, i closed the imgburn and deleted the entry and reopened imgburn and the

window is still gone.

All i did was move the log window so it beside imgburn and later restarted the pc and it's been gone

ever since. Maybe i should reinstall it ?

Update

I just noticed that when i close the imgburn i see for a brief second the log window close just

after imgburn does.

Update 2

Reinstalling the software brought back and instead of moving it to the side this time i minimized

the window and now it's gone yet again... Errr...

Edited by Phe0nix

What OS are you running?

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. It works fine so long as you don't minimize the log window. Haven't tried to minimize the

main window as i may need to reinstall. When you hover the mouse over Imgburn's icon you can see the log window but

you can't select it. Other than that it works great in win 7 Pro 32 Bit.

Thanks

When i made my 1st post regarding this issue i was using 2.5.1.0 and now i'm using 2.5.2.0.

I've burned 15 dual layer discs successfully and 4 Dvd's and 4 BD-R's and no issues with

my burns. Both versions of imgburn act the same in Windows 7

Do you have multiple desktops (dual view, clone screen, 2 monitors (hdtv) etc) ?

You didn't answer my question.

Also, are you using any sort of non standard theme or a program that controls the themes?

Do you have Aero enabled?

When I minimise the log window is just goes and sits above the start button, it certainly doesn't vanish.

I have 1 monitor connected via DVI. No clone screen or dual view. I installed windows 7 only days

ago and haven't changed any of the default setting other than folder options. No programs installed

that control themes. I don't know what Aero is , so i would have to say no.

I download a screen capturing app and post a video, however i have to work 12 hrs the next two

days and it will most likely be a few days before i can do it. Sorry that i over looked your

question.

Thank You

Aero is what makes the window frames transparent.

Maybe it has a different name under Windows 7, I'm just remembering the name from Vista.

The other 'theme' is Windows 7 Basic.

Do you have your taskbar positioned in the default place? (Left to right at the bottom of the screen, with the 'start' button on the far left)

Hmm weird, when you minimise the log window it looks like it's collapsing (with the use of animation) towards the top left of the screen rather than the bottom left like it should do.

No matter what I do, I can't make my Windows 7 behave like that.

Ok so once it's at the stage where you can't get it to become visible again, please do the following:

1. Close the program down

2. Open RegEdit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn

3. Right click on 'ImgBurn' in the tree on the left and select 'Export'.

4. Export to a file and upload that file here on the forum (or PM it if you prefer).

Can you just quickly check if you have the same problem if you minimise the 'Disc Layout Editor' window please (Build mode, 'Advanced' input).

and how about the 'Write Queue' window when you're in Write mode?

Do they go and sit just above the start button when you minimise or do they vanish into thin air like the log window?

Sorry for the delay i was busy deleting years of archives...

The write queue windows behaves the same way as does the disc layout editor window.

I spent days recovering my data and managed to loose it all in a vulnerable moment. When i tried

to burn the data to a dual layer blu-ray i got all sorts of errors or cautions about the file system

options i selected so i opted to copy to external hdd, as BD-R DL are not cheap and i wasn't sure what

i would end up with. Would someone please compose a guide on burning a data discs onto BD-R and the best

options to use.

sad day :huh:

All you need is Build mode and make sure UDF is included as a 'File System'. Even 'Joliet' would probably do, just make sure it's not set to plain old 'ISO9660' and nothing else.

Going back to your minimize issue, I don't have a single line of code in that area so I have no chance of changing anything.

For some unknown reason, your system is moving minimised child windows to a land far, far away.

Far, far away doesn't appear to be a visible portion of your screen (which seems to be running a really low screen resolution btw - what is it, a netbook?).

I've never seen a minimised window animate upwards before (assuming default 'bottom' taskbar layout etc) and I'm guessing that's why you're having problems.

You don't have any background apps running that make toolbars/docking areas zoom in from the sides / top when you move the mouse over/up there do you?

And I assume if you move the mouse to the far left / top / right / bottom that the cursor never actually leaves the visible screen area?

what is it, a netbook?).

No a Desktop with a user running poor vision 1.0

You don't have any background apps running that make toolbars/docking areas zoom in from the sides / top when you move the mouse over/up there do you?

I haven't installed any such applications.

And I assume if you move the mouse to the far left / top / right / bottom that the cursor never actually leaves the visible screen area?

When i move it to the bottom it will leave the screen area.

I have to work 12 hours tomorrow so this is my last post for the day. I was lucky and someone took my place today so i managed to only

have to pull 8 hrs, but i don't think I'll be so fortunate Sunday.

Update :

I went into the Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display

and changed the display from Large 150% to Medium 125% and reopened Imgburn

and when noticed the logwindow was minimuized just over the orb and i was

able to bring it back from the land far far away...

All 3 windows are back now , I'm So tired i must get some sleep, thanks for all your help.

Edited by Phe0nix

Ohh ... Happy Day :w00t: I lost all my data , recovered it via another OS with subject drive connected as slave.

Was going to burn to expensive BD-DL but received errors for ISO9660 and Juliet so i opted to backup to external HDD.

Then accidently deleted my MBR ( Master Boot Record ) and that was the end of 4 days of recovering data that was

4 years worth of archives.

We'll i managed to rebuild my MBR with Partition Table Doctor 3.5 and it couldn't have been easier. Open software

with HDD connected and it did everything for me. Time to fire up IMGBurn and get it onto DVD-r's while i still

can.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

We'll 150 is too large. I like it better using the medium ( 125 ) setting at 1440 x 900. I have really just started using win 7 this

week. The log window won't be an issue now that i know where it went and that i changed the settings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.