p3 450 MHz and LG USB DVD writer

volcano

One of my friend gave me his LG USB DVD writer. System requirements read on box higher than mine. I have P3 450 MHz, 256 MB. BTW, I tried a write test with ImgBurn 2.5.1 For my surprise test finished succesfully.

Now I wonder writing will be successfull? Also, let's assume could finish, may I trust written DVD? Wrong, missing data, TOC etc ?

Successful burning isn't black and white. Sure, there's success and failure, but there's also different stages/levels (the 'burn quality') of each. No, this is nothing to do with video quality. A low quality burn will not be as easy to read as a high quality burn. Low quality (and yet still successful) burns are generally the cause of stuttering / skipping when watching video. For normal data disc you might know/recognise it as the drive spinning up and down a bit as it has to re-read hard to read sectors.

USB 1 isn't even enough for a steady 1x speed DVD burn, so burning is going to be pretty painful!

If the burner has to stop and start the laser every second (which yours will), it's going to introduce links which wouldn't otherwise have been there - and these can be seen to lower the quality of the burn.

Excellent explanation. Now understood. Didn't know this issues. In my situation, suppose, better is trying to burn but not trust. I have a LD CD-Writer too. I will burn same data both CDs and DVD once. Than will test with different DVD readers. If there is no more option.

Thank you very much for everything. ImgBurn, support forum, helpful replies... Greets

Good news. Successfully burned approx. 3.5 GB data to Princo DVD-R. Burned 4X and verified too. Only burning took 1 hour and 51 min. I did a Discspeed test. But couldn't understand much. For example read test was X 0.67. Two colour graphs was almost parallel. One is a little bit arise. Burner is LG GP08NU20 (AZCR10B). Any suggestion? Especially about quality and trust. Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.