Cannot open or create CUE file (for MP3?)

Jive Dadson

Howdy folks!

ImgBurn is hanging on me. (Windows XP, service pack 3) I get the "Program not responding" dialog when I try to close it. This happens when I try to load a CUE file that I created myself. It also happens when I try to have ImgBurn create a CUE file. The common denominator seems to be MP3 files. The CUE file that I created references MP3 files, and the program hangs when I try to add MP3 files to the new CUE sheet that ImaBurn is creating. Know that I bought the MP3 files from Amazon, if that has anything to do with it. I also got it hung up when I tried to right-click on a CUE file and open it with ImgBurn. It said it was initializing the command-line interface or something like that when it hung. Since that happened, I uninstalled 2.5.2.0 and installed 2.5.3.0.

Quick! Call me a guru!

ImgBurn.log

Load the program, click Tools -> Create CUE file.

Add one of the problem MP3 files at a time and let me know what it does. If it gets stuck, try and get a screenshot or something.

You could also email me one of the problem MP3 files (one that causes it to hang) for closer examination.

If you have access to another PC, it might be worth trying to add them to a new CUE on there too - see if it also gets stuck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.