Burning speed...

Blins

Hy there,

in fact I've reinstall my computer and lose the version I was using of dvd decrypter (an old one I think...), so I download the ImgBurn and want to burn some DVD with a real low speed rate.

I m using DVD Memorex with allow 1x, 2x and 4x (4x is the max of my burner).

When ImgBurn is open and I want to choose wich speed I need, it's allow me from MAX, 1, ... to 52x ! I've try by selecting 1x, 2x but each time he burn my DVD with a max speed !

Problems I've seen on this forum is that imgBurn burn to slow, in my case it doesn't care about my requested speed :(

What can I try to do ? :huh:

Kind regards.

Drives hardly ever support 1x now, just look at the 'Supported Write Speeds:' info in the panel on the right.

If the drive really does support the speed you're selecting, there's no reason it should ignore the speed settings commands I send it - and I ALWAYS send the commands.

Hy there,

in fact I've reinstall my computer and lose the version I was using of dvd decrypter (an old one I think...), so I download the ImgBurn and want to burn some DVD with a real low speed rate.

I m using DVD Memorex with allow 1x, 2x and 4x (4x is the max of my burner).

When ImgBurn is open and I want to choose wich speed I need, it's allow me from MAX, 1, ... to 52x ! I've try by selecting 1x, 2x but each time he burn my DVD with a max speed !

Problems I've seen on this forum is that imgBurn burn to slow, in my case it doesn't care about my requested speed :(

What can I try to do ? :huh:

Kind regards.

"I' m using DVD Memorex with allow 1x, 2x and 4x (4x is the max of my burner)."

you're off to a horrible start by using Memorex blanks they're most likely CMC Mag dye one of the worst if not the worst dyes there is .We see hundreds of problems from members using them. Verbatim or TaiyoYuden is the choice for media everything else is a gamble . Like you've been told burning at 1X is just ancient history I dont know of any drives that support it and you wont get a better burn by doing it or trying, burn at 4x if you need to burn slow because 4x IS slow by todays standards. If 4x is the max for your burner then you're using some pretty old hardware. New burners are around $40 for top of the line

" Problems I've seen on this forum is that imgBurn burn to slow, in my case it doesn't care about my requested speed :( "

you havent really read through the forum then, theres people burning at 12x and better but 12x seems to be the upper limit for reliable burns . I burn 6x and 8x all the time with perfect results and FYI its not IMGburn that burns slow its the relationship between the media and the drive firmware that determines the speed that discs are burn at .You see where the speed can be set to MAX after that its up to the drive and media .Keep reading and learn :thumbup:

BTW if you have discs that support 1x 2x 4x they must be what 5-6 years old ?

Just to add to what written above, this is the sort of info you're looking for in the right hand window. Notice that the media doesn' t support 1x burning (highlighted in red). If it doesn't support 1x, you can't burn at 1x.

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 1.58 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2,298,496

Free Space: 4,707,319,808 bytes

Free Time: 510:48:46 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: RITEKG05

Recording Management Area Information:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.