Computer Freeze after burn

Kratos

Hi there, I have a problem with newest imgburn 2.5.4.0

when I finish burning an ISO, and I get the successful message, my laptop freezes after burn and I can't do anything except hard reset.

Here are my laptop specs if that helps.

core i7-720QM

6GB Ram DDR3-1333

500GB hdd 5400 rpm

What could it be, because each time I want to burn something, I have to turn off the computer, because it freeze so bad :(

Bump

I checked the latest drivers from Asus, and I have them. So I don't think it's a driver issue

Here is the only thing in the log file

; //****************************************\\
;   ImgBurn Version 2.5.4.0 - Log
;   Wednesday, 22 December 2010, 10:55:39
; \\****************************************//
;
;
I 10:48:10 ImgBurn Version 2.5.4.0 started!
I 10:48:10 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
I 10:48:10 Total Physical Memory: 6,223,024 KB  -  Available: 4,288,120 KB
W 10:48:10 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.
I 10:48:10 Initialising SPTI...
I 10:48:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 10:48:10 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C AS01 (D:) (ATAPI)
I 10:48:10 -> Drive 2 - Info: YPAX O1QF4HUV4 3.5Z (Z:) (SCSI)
I 10:48:10 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!
I 10:55:39 Close Request Acknowledged
I 10:55:39 Closing Down...
I 10:55:39 Shutting down SPTI...
I 10:55:39 ImgBurn closed!

Graph data

Ok, I got latest chipset drivers now, I will test with a new ISO later and post results.

And now, the status bar was normal, no strange error messages. I just got the operation successful message, but then I couldn't do anything, not even take screencaps, active internal mouse, nothing it just freezes.

Any recommendation, before I burn again that can help you?

Chipset drivers and rapid storage tech drivers I hope :)

All I can suggest is that you keep a VERY close eye on what the program says it's doing.

Keep moving the mouse around the screen at the end of the burn and try to figure out exactly when your machine freezes (i.e. before / during / after the 'success' sound is played, before / after you've clicked the 'ok' button etc)

When it freezes, make a note of exactly what's written in the status bar. Better still, take a picture of the entire screen with a digital camera (or a phone!) and upload it so we can see.

You could even enable I/O debug mode (press F8) before it finishes (and your machine hangs) so the log window contains info about the last I/O command sent to the drive - which we'll then be able to see in your picture.

Have you tried burning in Safe Mode? If not, perhaps give that a go.

What program installed SPTD for you? Do you know which version of SPTD is installed? Get the latest version from the duplex secure website just to be on the safe side.

Ok Lightning UK! I got the results from another iso burn.

I installed the latest drivers from intel, my machine freezes before the success sound is played, I get the messagebox and after 3~4 seconds the machine freezes at all, when I was to put the mouse in the ok button it freezed so I got no time to press ok.

Alcohol 120% installed SPTD if I'm not wrong, my version was 1.58, so I updated to the latest from duplex secure.

And here is the screen with the debug mode.

23122010026.jpg

If you need any more info, just tell me.

By the way, my machine is an Asus G51JX-A1

The success sound plays before the 'operation successfully completed' box pops up. If you don't get it (assuming your speakers were on and you haven't disabled the sounds anywhere), maybe you have soundcard issues.

I can't really tell from the pic if the log has anything else written below what we can see... does it?

What about the status bar of the main window? I can't see that at all.

Are you running the latest BIOS (208) on the laptop?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=G51Jx&f_name=G60JXAS208.zip&f_type=3&os=30

Do you know which soundcard is installed in it? (looks like it'll be a Creative Labs or Realtek one)

You can get the latest Realtek HD Audio driver from here - http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

The Creative Labs one is probably found here - http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nLanguageLocale=1033&nDriverType=1#

Running with bios 206, I was told 208 wasn't that important, but I guess I'll update.

The log below says the writing speed 8x and nothing else that seems relevant

And yes, I think it's soundcard issue, I'm using Realtek HD audio, I'll update them too.

First I'll try burning a data dvd with audio drivers updated to see if that's the problem, if not then I'll try with bios updated.

Ok After burning files,I first tried with safe mode, and voila, no freeze.

So I tried again in normal mode to see if ISO burning was failing and data was ok, but when I burned again it froze.

So my guess is the audio drivers, since in safe mode they're disabled, oh and I couldn't get the log, the phone camera suck =(

I'll try later with the new audio drivers to see if that is the problem or the bios, but it'll take a while since I don't have dvds or things to burn right now.

Anyways Lightning UK! I hope you have a merry Christmas, and thanks for the support you've given till now =)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.