failure to burn cd CUE file created with Imgburn

blahblahblah2357

I created a cue file using imgburn, the window showed the cd as being 76% full. When I attempted to burn said image file, I received the error message, "there doesn't seem to be enough space on this on the disc to burn this image." The error message also shows that the file is a little over 1 GB which obviously won't fit on my cd, but why is the size so different from the cue creation measurement? I have attached my log file.

ImgBurn.log

W 14:44:33 User accepted disc space warning and is attempting to overburn!

I 14:44:33 Source File Sectors: 681,660 (AUDIO/2352)

I 14:44:33 Destination Media Type: CD-R (Disc ID: 97m26s66f) (Speeds: 8x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x, 48x)

I 14:44:33 Destination Media Sectors: 359,844

I 14:44:33 Write Speed: 1x

When you make a cue, insert a disc in the drive otherwise it will calculate to the next available standard media size.

1x is not an option in your drive/firmware/media combination. 16x should be OK.

Update drive firmware http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124%2BY/files.html

That's not a little over 1GB, it's like 1.5GB.

Your version of ImgBurn is out of date.

When you make a cue, insert a disc in the drive otherwise it will calculate to the next available standard media size.

No it won't :)

The 'Create CUE File' window always shows you the % usage of a standard 80 minute CD.

It will show both percentage and total disc time which is what I was asking the OP. It is just possible that he inadvertently added tracks that are just over the disc time, since he technically did not add too many tracks, you can have up to 99 tracks total provided of course the tracks meet the time limit allowed, 80minutes total.

post-35670-0-72636600-1294779393.png

Edited by Rincewind

Updated to 2.5.4.0. Now analysing audio files is now taking place in the cue window instead of the write window. It's not allowing nearly as many files onto the cd. I guess the earlier version was somehow misreading the length of each file?

Burning has begun! I'll let you know if it doesn't succeed, but I think the problem is solved.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.