Controlling Services with shortcuts?

dbminter

Okay, I know you can at least Start and Stop a Service with a command line. Maybe even Restart it. But, is there a way to change the StartUp Type of a Service with a command line? i.e. to change it from Automatic to Manual or Disabled? That way, just put it in the StartUp folder and not have to worry about manually changing the StartUp Type, since even when a service is stopped, it MAY STILL DAMN WELL BE in memory UNLESS it's Disabled so that it never runs. Fuckers! :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Thanks!

deleted

As well it should be! I KNEW that one already! :thumbup: Actually, with Services, I could have written a complicated routine to open Services, pipe in character names and commands, etc. but, that is so problematic. Giving how long it sometimes needs to wait for Windows to catch up, etc.

Digi;

After reading up the link you sent me, it seems that the service must be running in order to make the changes listed? I tried to get any information on Services I already Disabled, leading me to believe they must be running in order to use this to do anything I need. :)

Plus, it's still too Greek to me. :lol: I just want the ability to, say, use SC to always set a StartUp Type for a Service to be Disabled, even if the Service isn't running. Say, a common Service I always Disable because I never need it. ClipBook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.