blu ray burning

kevpc49

new here guys so firstly, hi to all.

i am experimenting with blu ray stuff and have, after some help, managed to copy 'movie only' from a blu ray disk and burn to a single layer blu ray (25gig) which works fine in my ps3. what i would like to do, if possible, is burn more than 1 movie to a 25gig disk. is this possible with imgburn? if so, how do i do it? just add say 3 folders to the burn window? can i add folders that have been created separately or do i have to do a 'batch convert' of 3 movies? i assume i will also need a menu? any advice or pointers to info i require would be greatly appreciated.

many TIA

You do this during the authoring stage, not the burning stage.

Try something like MultiAVCHD.

many tnx for reply. as i said, this is new to me so experimenting atm. dont quite understand what you mean so could you be a bit more specific? sorry to sound so dumb.

Well you can't just merge 3 folders that all contain files of the same name, clearly that would never work - the files would overwrite each other.

If you gave the folders different names, the player wouldn't understand them - a BD video folder must be called BDAV or BDMV.

So what you do is import your X number of projects into a proper authoring program and have it create a new single BDAV/BDMV folder.

Authoring isn't ImgBurn's job so this isn't the place to get help with that sort of thing. MultiAVCHD lives in the Doom9 forums, I suggest you have a read over there.

many tnx for reply. as i said, this is new to me so experimenting atm. dont quite understand what you mean so could you be a bit more specific? sorry to sound so dumb.
As LUK said, to build a valid Blu-ray disc structure, you need Authoring software. Do a search on "blu-ray disc authoring" or some such to get yourself educated, or find a multiAVCHD discussion and start reading! Consumer software to do this is available from many companies e.g. Sony and Corel/Ulead etc.

Edit: oops LUK beat me to it...

Edited by laserfan

tnx guys. said i was new to this blu ray stuff. didn't realise that the eg 3 folders, each with a different movie in, would not just be able to be burnt with imgburn, but had to be put into one 'suitable' folder. will look were you suggest. by the way, had no problem backing up a single blu ray 'movie only' to new disk. burnt and plays fine. just wanted to go that step further if possible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.