Creating blu-ray from dvd architect iso w/imgburn

graphics

Hi - great program, quick question here, I'd really appreciate any tips:

How do I create a blu-ray that'll play on my ps3 using a dvd architect-generated .iso?

My workflow is:

step 1) drag a bunch of video clips to dvd architect and author the blu-ray dvd from there; dvd architect produces a blu-ray .iso file (it apparently won't let you choose to create the /bdmv etc files separately), in this case 24 gigs

now what? I tried using dvd architect's burn feature to burn to a blu ray, but it wouldn't play, either in my ps3 on the tv, or using powerdvd on the pc... it just loads up the root menu, but won't work from there, just crashes

I read everywhere imgburn is great, today's my first time trying it, looks like a well designed program, I will donate to you if I can get this working correctly.

Using imgburn I'm just choosing "write image file to disc" but is that right, to create a blu-ray video dvd that'll play on my ps3/set top blu ray player connected to my tv? I just chose the default menu to write, eg chose the .iso file to burn to blu-ray but that doesn't have the /bdmv other subdirectories since it's an .iso. Do I need to somehow extract all the files from the iso using some other utility, before then burning to blu ray dvd so that it'll properly play as a video dvd, eg on my ps3? Hope that makes sense... I'm mostly used to doing dvd burns, and I know you can't just play an iso of those on a set top dvd player, need to correctly author out the vobs etc into /video_ts before burning to dvd blanks.. I'm a newbie to burning blu ray video dvds though... what should I do? I read the guides, still confused... thanks!

-k

I started using the default write params to a bd-re, here's the log:

I 11:07:12 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 11:07:12 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:07:12 Total Physical Memory: 6,282,360 KB - Available: 2,581,480 KB

I 11:07:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:07:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:07:12 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L YL05 (D:) (ATA)

I 11:07:12 Found 1 HD DVD-ROM/BD-RE!

I 11:11:49 Operation Started!

I 11:11:49 Source File: C:\temp\dvdatemppreparefolder\myfile.iso

I 11:11:49 Source File Sectors: 11,807,648 (MODE1/2048)

I 11:11:49 Source File Size: 24,182,063,104 bytes

I 11:11:49 Source File Volume Identifier: VOLUME_01

I 11:11:49 Source File Volume Set Identifier: AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFF

I 11:11:49 Source File Application Identifier: DVD Architect Pro

I 11:11:49 Source File Implementation Identifier: 0

I 11:11:49 Source File File System(s): UDF (2.50)

I 11:11:49 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L YL05 (D:) (ATA)

I 11:11:49 Destination Media Type: BD-RE (Disc ID: LGEBRE-S01-000) (Speeds: 2x)

I 11:11:50 Destination Media Sectors: 11,826,176

I 11:11:50 Write Mode: BD

I 11:11:50 Write Type: DAO

I 11:11:50 Write Speed: 2x

I 11:11:50 BD-RE FastWrite: No

I 11:11:50 Link Size: Auto

I 11:11:50 Lock Volume: Yes

I 11:11:50 Test Mode: No

I 11:11:50 OPC: No

I 11:11:50 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 11:11:50 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 8,992 KB/s (2x)

I 11:11:54 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 11:11:54 Writing LeadIn...

I 11:12:07 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 11807647)

I 11:12:07 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 11807647)

Edited by graphics

ImgBurn is a burning tool. It burns "as is". It will not convert or modify your files.

In order to produce a working disc you should already have the files in a form according to what you want to be the disc.

You can't expect that ImgBurn will sort out the problem if the files/iso don't play even on your computer as it should (as BD disc in your case)

You need to sort out the problem with your converter (DVD Architect, as you mention) to produce a working iso.

Only than you can burn it to disc with ImgBurn and expect to play as it should. You will use Burn image file to disc mode.

ImgBurn is a burning tool. It burns "as is". It will not convert or modify your files.

In order to produce a working disc you should already have the files in a form according to what you want to be the disc.

You can't expect that ImgBurn will sort out the problem if the files/iso don't play even on your computer as it should (as BD disc in your case)

You need to sort out the problem with your converter (DVD Architect, as you mention) to produce a working iso.

Only than you can burn it to disc with ImgBurn and expect to play as it should. You will use Burn image file to disc mode.

Hi - thanks! That's what I'd thought. Any idea how to use imgburn (or other utility?) to convert .iso 24gig source to blu-ray video format files that can be used by imgburn to create a working video blu-ray?

thanks...

-Ken

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive program (Virtual CloneDrive or similar), browse the virtual drive in explorer/my computer and let us know what's in it.

You could also browse its contents using IsoBuster, WinRAR, 7-Zip etc.

Hi - thanks. Seems odd, using Sony DVD Architect to author a blu-ray dvd, it will only output to .iso, which means then I need to unpack the iso (or do a virtual mount and extract 24 gigs of stuff, which'll take a long time), then burn to blu ray w/imgburn. Appreciate the tip... let me know if any easier way to use sony dvd architect to author blu-ray, using imgburn... seems like it has to be an easier method, I've been working on this dang blu ray all week

step 1) author blu-ray dvd .iso from sony dvd architect

step 2) extract all content files/subdirectories by virtual-disk mounting the iso, to a new subdirectory

step 3) burn a blu-ray video dvd using imgburn

checked all the sony and creativecow etc forums, I still don't see any easy way to do this.

would be great to kill step 2... if any ideas?

Edited by graphics

You don't need to extract the ISO again (step 2), just point ImgBurn's Build mode at the virtual drive. It'll do the same thing.

I did ask to know what files/folders you see in the virtual drive once the image has been mounted.... ;)

hey thanks - that worked great. I'm a total pro at regular dvds, but a newbie at bluray.. just donated $20 (I'm ken). none of my other iso mounters worked, but the virtual clone drive did, then I did advanced view in imgburn build mode so I could select the bdmv/certificate subs to burn to disc.. works great. thanks for your help! your program has a great reputation out there on the forums too, everyone says use it for blu ray burning. :)

Edited by graphics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.