Trouble Burning an ISO DVD from Win 7 ISO File

dshuck

I have tried several times to create a bootable image of the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Wave1 file. Each time that I tried this i would enter the Write Mode and select the SP1 ISO file and then I would click on "Write". ImgBurn creates the buffer and then begins the write, once completed it ejects the disc. I then reinsert the disc and ImgBurn "verifies" the disc. Everything appears to be normal, however, Windows 7 does not see the DVD as an ISO IMG. When I look at the DVD with Windows Explorer the files are there but no ISO reference. It appears that I maybe doing something wrong but i do not know what? What I am trying to do is to use the Windows 7 Installation DVD to boot the system and the use the SP1 ISO to install SP1 but it is not working for me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I 16:36:50 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 16:36:50 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 16:36:50 Total Physical Memory: 3,929,940 KB - Available: 2,242,812 KB

W 16:36:50 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 16:36:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:36:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:36:52 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M 0200 (E:) (SATA)

I 16:36:52 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

Load the ISO image in ImgBurn's Write mode and look at the file system field: does it say bootable? If it does then the disc you burned from that ISO image is bootable and you need to check your system BIOS if it's configured to boot from CD/DVD drive before HDD.

Load the ISO image in ImgBurn's Write mode and look at the file system field: does it say bootable? If it does then the disc you burned from that ISO image is bootable and you need to check your system BIOS if it's configured to boot from CD/DVD drive before HDD.

If it doesn't say bootable, then what?

Then your ISO image isn't bootable. You can make a bootable disc by following this guide: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=11194

Hint: you can extract the contents of the ISO image with 7-Zip / WinRAR / WinZip / UltraISO / MagicISO / PowerISO / IsoBuster / many other programs, in case you haven't a Daemon Tools / Alcohol 52 % / Virtual CloneDrive / DVDFab Virtual Drive / etc virtual drive software installed on your system.

Do you have a user Guidefor ImgBurn that would explain how to combine the contents of two ISO DVD's into one? Specifically, I have an Emergency Repair Disk (DVD) for Windows7 (ISO disc that contains 1 bootmgr file & 2 folders with System files in them) & an ISO file that contains the Windows 7 SP1 (ISO) that I need to combine into one ISO Disc.

If all you have is the SP1 ISO, it's not going to do you any good.

That'll be for updating an existing installation of Windows and is meant to be run within Windows.

You can't just add a 'bootable' bit to it and expect it to be able to perform a fresh installation of Windows 7 SP1.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.