Can't locate ISO file - using DVD shrink

alias3r

ok, so i searched google and found this forum and someone else had the same problem i did. i tried to reply to that thread, but it wouldn't allow me to reply, so here is a link to the situation: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=17249

i used DVD shrink (ive used it b4, except only burning it to the C: drive). this time i tried using the ISO option, and it took like 2 hours for everything to be completed (I was copying Tron, so i picked slowest speed for everything and no compression, etc.), so i know it finished copying everything.

anyways, the copying and encoding finishes finally, and now i can't find the file anywhere on my computer. ive tried searching for the file, and i've also tried enabling "show hidden files and folders", and it still doesn't show up. i also tried searching for it again after changing this option, and i also tried looking in Users_my namme_documents, and all that too.

What is going on here? I'm clueless as to what could have happened to the file.

so i repeated the steps, and when I click "backup" on the program, it brings up a menu. The menu line that says "select target image file" and if i click on "browse" to the right, it opens up another menu with folders that are under my C: drive. At the very bottom, I see the movie, although the symbol next to it is a DVD with a lock on it. If i try to open it, it starts up this program called Roxio, not sure if i downloaded it awhile ago or not, as i've only made a copy one time before.

any clues as to what i do next?

ok i think i figured it out, so this may help anyone else who has the same problem.

it seems it's pretty much invisible on your computer, but what you have to do is run DVD shrink, then click file, then "open disc image", and if you scroll down all the way to the bottom you should see it.

then i'm sure i just use a program to burn it to a disc, or a program to play it. thanks guys for trying to help.

its weird how they set it up like that. i also downloaded daemon tool, so not sure if that would be another way to try and locate the iso file or not. that could work too, but didn't have time to try it out.

I think that's a Windows 7 problem, that is hiding the saved image created from the program that is not designed to work in that environment.

DVD Flick even if it works well on Windows 7 it was not designed for it and that is limmiting its privileges, I think.

I think that's a Windows 7 problem, that is hiding the saved image created from the program that is not designed to work in that environment.

DVD Flick even if it works well on Windows 7 it was not designed for it and that is limmiting its privileges, I think.

what is dvd flick?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.