Create CUE file hangs on browsing

jacveld

I would like to create an audiocd and am using the write mode for it (Windows 7) and Create CUE file.

When i am selecting a file to add it to the CD Imgburn hangs and is NOT acting anymore.

Any idea what this problem may be ???

Thanks in advance

Jacques

It's the Windows API dialog box that's hanging. Maybe you have a shell extension installed that's misbehaving and causing the folder/file enumeration fuctions within the dialog box to get stuck?

Forgive me, i am not familiair with shell extension. Is it possible for you to give me some hints how to solve this problem

by looking at the processes and/or services ??

Jacques

Attached you will find 2 files with a screen dump of ImgBurn and Taskmanager.

Opening a file in Create CUE File gives an overview of the present files.

As soon as i am clicking on the file ImgBurn hangs and the processor usage goes to 100% !!!

Maybe you have more info to solve my problem !?

Jacques

CreateCUEfile.pdf

Taskmanager.pdf

What do you mean 'When i try move the file to the box' ?

Are you trying to drag and drop from the 'Open' box into the 'Create CUE File' window or something?

You're just supposed to select a/some files from within the 'Open' box and then click the 'Open' button.

What do you mean 'When i try move the file to the box' ?

Are you trying to drag and drop from the 'Open' box into the 'Create CUE File' window or something?

You're just supposed to select a/some files from within the 'Open' box and then click the 'Open' button.

===========

Next, click on the top right 'Browse for a file...' button. The familiar 'Open File' dialog box will then appear.

When you've located your files and selected them, just click the 'OK' button.

Top Tip: You can also just use drag and drop from an Explorer type window.

===========

As soon as i click on the 'Open' button in the 'Open' box ImgBurn hangs.

As soon as i use drag and drop from Explorer to the 'Create CUE File' box ImgBurn hangs also after the drop.

Jacques

Ok so let's go with drag+drop from an Explorer window into the 'Create CUE File' window.... it takes the 'Open' dialog window out of the equation.

Try just one file at a time. Try with a wav file rather than an mp3 and see if you have the same problem. You could try other file formats too - wma, flac etc.

If it still hangs when you're trying to drag+drop a single wav file, try and get me a screenshot of what the 'Create CUE File' window looks like at that moment in time.

Maybe this tool could be of some use in this situation?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_is_hang.html

If you have an mp3 that it gets hung up on via drag+drop AND via the open/browse box, please email it to me.

You can get the address from the program's About box (in the 'Help') menu.

That pdf attachment looks like it's from when you added a wav - and that worked ok yeah?

I'd need a screenshot of when you attempted to add an mp3 (via drag+drop) that *didn't* work. :)

The OP and I exchanged a few emails and I'm happy to report this issue has been resolved.

It turns out that even GraphEdit hung when trying to load the MP3 files - basically narrowing it down to a DirectShow filter/codec issue.

I told the OP to remove any and all codec packs installed on the machine.

OP did so and reported back that it all works ok now :)

So, the moral of the story is... don't install crappy codec packs!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.