Verifying Burn Question.

Anthony1uk

I have just downloaded Imgburn 2.0.

And I have a very quick question. I have done a forum search but cant seem to find the answer to this.

But could I enquire how exactly does imgburn verify the disk after burn is completed.

For example it do what Nero CD/DVD speed's error checking feature does and look for PI-Errors above 280 to deem a coaster or does it do something completely different.

Or does it make a MD5 checksum calculation of the original image and compare this to a MD5 checksum calculation of the burned disk (if i have understood MD5 checksum comparisons correctly, i would really love this feature to be included to imgburn if it does not currently offer this).

But i am just curious as to what exaclty it means if an burned image verifies Ok. Does this mean it is a perfect faultess burn and therefore doing a burn error scan in Nero CD/DVD speed to check for PIF's and PIE's is not neccissary.

Thanks

Anthony

It does a bit by bit comparison against the original image file.

So at that point in time, the drive can read back exactly what has been written and the two match 100%.

A PI/PO scan will then pretty much tell you how difficult is was for the drive to return that 'correct' (or if you're unlucky 'incorrect') data.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.