New user - help please

RJHodges

Hello ImgBurn folks - hopefully someone can help me.

I have legally downloaded a two-disc CD set from Amazon, in MP3 format. I want to create Audio CDs for these two disks.

I followed the Guides for burning an Audio CD and have created a .CUE file for the tracks. But, I'm getting an error on each track:

E 22:46:46 File Name: F:\-XP-\My Music\Wicked_ 5th Anniversary Special Edition\Disk 1\01 - No One Mourns The Wicked.mp3

E 22:46:46 Reason: This pin cannot use the supplied media type.

I'm sure the answer is something simple. OR, could the MP3s be 'protected' some how? I tried to create an Audio CD from them using Nero and it would not do it either.

Thanks in advance.

RJ

ImgBurn relies on DirectShow / ACM for decoding your audio files.

Probably the ID3Tag contains some info (usualy album art) that DirectShow chokes on.

Use an ID3Tag editor and try remove/clear the tags leaving just the Performer and Track name (if you need CD Text you only need them if not you can remove those too)

Thanks for the quick replies to my question. Later today I will try cleaning up the ID3 tags and try the process again. If that doesn't work, I'll try the process again and upload the complete log file and hardware setup here.

Back to you in a day or so.

Thanks...

RJ

Thanks to both of you who replied to my original question. Problem Solved!!!

I'm kinda new to .MP3 manipulation and I didn't realize each of my files also carried the album art. I downloaded and used MP3tag to remove the album art from each file. Then I went back to ImgBurn and everything worked just like the Guides said it would. In fact, since the .MP3 files were not a bit smaller, it cleared up the warning about exceeding the file size for a single CD.

Thanks again - I'm beginning to think ImgBurn might become my favorite media utility.

RJ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.