Nimbie Error

dtrayers

I've burned well over a thousand DVDs with the Nimbie but on this last run I'm getting this error about every 7 discs or so. But last time it was only two discs until the error:

post-12989-0-65987000-1311996959.png

I can cancel the dialog box and then typically click on the "disc is loaded" button (or something like that) in the loading dialog:

post-12989-0-21454300-1311997786.png

Sometimes the disc is in the tray but it's not closed. Then I just click the 'close tray' button.

Here is something I noticed... Usually, there is a delay of about 2-3 seconds between the disc dropping and the tray closing. When I get this error, it *seems* that the tray is closing almost immediately after the disc drops. I think the dropping mechanism is running at the same speed, and I've thoroughly shuffled and separated the discs.

I've tried rebooting and power cycling the Nimbie and still this error happens every several discs.

I'm running Win-7 64bit and the latest ImgBurn.

The last long run I made was only a few weeks ago and nothing has really changed with the PC or the Nimbie since then. I'm also still in the same batch of T-Y Watershield discs from the last two error-free runs, so I don't think it's the discs.

Edited by dtrayers

You should probably contact Acronova. You might have to RMA the unit as it controls all the tray loading / ejecting itself.

It might be worth trying with some other discs though. Maybe they aren't quite dropping (coming apart) when they should be and it's causing odd things to happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.